Roar Before the 24: Times Close at Daytona

This race is a pain for me (in an annoying way). I would love to see it but it always clashes with our companies stock take so I always miss the first six hours! lol. However always look forward to it and it looks like it's going to be a great event again.

I am a Mazda supporter but I think they may struggle slightly around here come the race. The nature of the turbo'd engine means it's under huge stress around this track compared to the rumbling Caddy's. It's possibly the only track where they may have to be more strategic than flat out. Unless they decide to let one car go flat out and keep the other car on a more specific pace.

Having said that though this is Joest we are talking about and anything could happen.

Also we have the new factor of tyres this year as the prototypes move over to Michelin.

Looks like it's gonna be a good one, looking forward to it :)

In defence of @Paul Jeffrey most of the articles have been solely focusing on DPi and GTLM. Even the Facebook feed by IMSA doesn't really mention the P2's or the GTD's much. So I just look at IMSA.com or dailysportscar.com for more detail.

Cadillac needs to support a DPi DLC for Pcars2. Then I can run a proper version with day-night at Daytona... The Spirit of Le Mans DLC last year was spot on. Spirit of Sebring next?

Cadillac needs to support a DPi DLC for Pcars2. Then I can run a proper version with day-night at Daytona... The Spirit of Le Mans DLC last year was spot on. Spirit of Sebring next?

Yeah that would be a really nice addition to the title. I ran a simulated 24 hour race on PC2 some time ago against a full field of AI cars (Just P2, GTE and GT3). A really immersive experience and great fun, although very busy! lol :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back