Road One International - rFactor convertion

Conversion from rFactor.
Fictional track in Canada.
View attachment 560871View attachment 560872
-32 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;

A fantasy track made by Alexandre Ulleri for NR2003.
Converted to GTR2 by DeHAwk.
Updated by Khan1670.
Converted and updated for rFactor by ZWISS and Thank you for gave me permission

Converted to AC by @shin956
AI, camtool by @Violaseven...

Read more about this resource...

I made new tracks maps. Remove the .txt from the filename since RD apparently doesn't allow 7zip files...

Attachments

• road_one_international_new_track_maps.7z.txt
    158.3 KB · Views: 47
shin956 updated Road One International with a new update entry:

v1.1 update

v1.1 changelog;
-Added Background Mountain and dam by Tyrone.
-Rework Trees (Removed Treewall).
-Added physics mesh by pugsang.
-Added animated flag-waving spectators.
-chopper and balloon have been updated by Mascot.
-Smoothed out the edges of the road.
-Some textures were upscaled with AI.
-Changed the billboard texture to the one made by Mascot.
-Made it possible to select the logo texture created by Mascot as skins.
-Original billboard textures are included as skins.
-Updated preview...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Shin, gave this update a whirl.

Looks and drives really excellently, especially in faster prototypes and open wheelers.

One small issue I have is that the heavy red and white sausage kerbs have no "kerb" feel to them. They just feel like the rest of the road through the wheel.

Not sure if this is something you can fix, I know you just convert tracks from other sims and don't actually 3D model/design them. But considering how many there are, I think the kerb rumble would greatly benefit the track.

Thanks in advance if you can take a look, if not no worries. This one is otherwise great.

Cheers.

Anyone having an issue with race starts? One AI car just stops, and the other turns right and causes a clusterfuk at the front of the grid...tried disabling new ai behaviour in csp but same thing

Anyone having an issue with race starts? One AI car just stops, and the other turns right and causes a clusterfuk at the front of the grid...tried disabling new ai behaviour in csp but same thing
Hello

I also have an AI issue where they don't move and cause a cluster. Please assist
It was fine on my PC.
Set New AI Behavior in CSP settings as shown in the image.
Delete files other than fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai in the ai folder.
2023-05-27 070731.jpg

Hi Shin, gave this update a whirl.

Looks and drives really excellently, especially in faster prototypes and open wheelers.

One small issue I have is that the heavy red and white sausage kerbs have no "kerb" feel to them. They just feel like the rest of the road through the wheel.

Not sure if this is something you can fix, I know you just convert tracks from other sims and don't actually 3D model/design them. But considering how many there are, I think the kerb rumble would greatly benefit the track.

Thanks in advance if you can take a look, if not no worries. This one is otherwise great.

Cheers.
Hi
Try increasing the VIBRATION_GAIN value of [SURFACE_2] KEY=KERB in surfaces.ini in the data folder.

Hi
Try increasing the VIBRATION_GAIN value of [SURFACE_2] KEY=KERB in surfaces.ini in the data folder.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything.

Mostly because I think this value in surfaces.ini is simply a "Gain" value for the rumble value through the wheel. There's nothing to FFB gain if there's nothing coming through the wheel.

I think the issue is that all the kerbs aren't designated as "KERBS" in the track file at all - rather, they're designated as "TARMAC" or "ROAD" and have the exact same road feel as a result. So it's not a "gain" problem, it's an "classify" problem for each kerb.

At least that's what I think. This track is really excellent, and I'd like to start using it in custom championships. But I'd like to see if this issue is fixable before doing so.

Thanks again for the track.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea