Tracks Road America [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 223075

well, i have even tried to run it with stock cars in game and absolutely no mods. Any suggestions as what to try to get it going? thx.

Verify your in-game resolution and make sure you have the latest version of this track.

@Albert McSaltens any plans to make the tyre walls etc collidable?

also can you update the ui_track.json with the following so that the "real conditions" weather feature of content manager works correctly:

{
"name": "Road America",
"description": "Ekhart Lake",
"tags" : ["circuit","test track","USA"],
"geotags": ["43.7991334", "-87.9958532"],
"country": "U.S.A.",
"city": "Plymouth",
"length": "6,515km",
"pitboxes": "48",
"run": "Clockwise"
}

also the trees and grass can look bad in some conditions with transparency:
5puRfrR.jpg

Thanks
Road America 3.4 show left and right spline fix :)
Thanks! does this improve the line too or just the track limits they use?

Do the AI still just sit on the grid or random places around the track?
no they work fine

Last edited:
One of the best conversions out there, almost looks scratch made, thanks!

Noticed that it's quite smooth, i haven't figured out, have you implemented the 'lilski method' mesh or?

It has a basic generic noise modifier applied to it. Nothing more.

Thanks Lilski. I wish it would recieve the appropriate treatment.

Another thing i also don't get, all these rFactor conversions, do they lose the detailed mesh during the conversion process to AC, or does that mean that all rFactor tracks are that smooth and with low poly mesh?
Been a long time since i tried rFactor.

Thanks Lilski. I wish it would recieve the appropriate treatment.

Another thing i also don't get, all these rFactor conversions, do they lose the detailed mesh during the conversion process to AC, or does that mean that all rFactor tracks are that smooth and with low poly mesh?
Been a long time since i tried rFactor.
I simply did what I did to prove my point about fixing these conversions and that it can be done with minimal work.

As for rFactor tracks most were low resolution and almost none of them used a separate high res mesh. If you watch rF1 videos you can just barely see the low res mesh on some tracks. But I think the lower physics rate of the older sims kind of "smooth" it out when compared to the current gen sims.

This track is great thanks for the update.
The AI line seems to have a little flaw.
All the AI seem to do a kind of zigzag just before the second last turn.
It's not that big an issue, but once you know it's there it becomes a kind of exploit,
because you know the cars in front are going to jerk left and slow down, when they should be keeping
right and speeding up.

@Albert McSaltens

I tried to generate a new AI line because I think the one we have is a bit too slow in some fast corners but when the cars drive along the start-finish-straight there is chaos and they slow down or try to drive ziczag. With the AI editor enabled I see that there are some red lines nearly on the complete straight, perhaps these are pit areas and the AI thinks it pits? I can't tell. Can you tell what causes this issue? On the rest of the track they're fine now, it's just the start-finish-straight.

I am not very firm with the AI editor that's why I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back