RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor

Tracks RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor Version 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I was able to alt/tab out, after it froze trying to load and Im also getting "error loading mesh file SKY.GMT to memory".. Im on Windows7 if that matters.

I am sorry for your trouble gentlemen. All three scn files have "sky.mas" commented out. Please remove the comment, drop a sky.mas into the "RR80s" folder and let me know if that does the trick for you. I prefer my skybox & horizon but if a generic item works better for some people who am I to argue? :confused:

Last edited:
Sorry to keep bothering you Gary, but Im lost on "remove the comment" and "drop a sky.mas into the main folder"? Here's what I did..(edit: didn't work) I put a sky.mas into the "Locations" folder and changed the entry in the .scn file to:
//-------------------------------------------------------

//MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=SKY.MAS

//-------------------------------------------------------

I must have been half asleep; I meant to suggest that you "drop a sky.mas into the RR80s folder". It must reside in the TRACK'S main folder. I will edit my previous post...

I think I may have fixed your issue but, since I cannot repeat the error in any of my computers, please DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.6 and then verify that your problems have been addressed. I had planned an update for rFactor anyway, so this simply expedited my timing ;)

:cry: Still cant run it from a different install.. "gMotor 2 error - error opening MAS file SKY.MAS" It's something on this old Win7 computer I imagine.. I still owe you a beverage of your choice!! You've gone above and beyond to try and solve it.. Im just gonna put that track in all my installs and when I need to run it just edit the config.ini.. Not a biggy!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your patience but it bugs me that I can't figure this out. I built the track on a Win7 64, tested it on a Mac Pro running Win10 64 via boot camp and on another Win10 64 running Steam; none of these even stuttered running my tracks.

@gwaldock Hi mate and thanks for the track :) i'm using rFDynHud in the game and i noticed something, no matter which layout i select the map of the track that i get is always the layout of the Can-Am layout. All the other tracks that i have the map always display the right layout of the track that i'm on, first time it happen to me. any ideas why ?

Although I know very little about rFDynHud, it appears to me that it only "sees" RRCanAm because that is the first track in the parent folder. RIR tracks are not segregated into individual folders because I see no value in adding (usually superfluous) verbiage to track files. My hypothesis is that track sub-folders need to be created or the rFDynHud editor needs to configure settings for the other two tracks; please consult rFDynHud's (reputedly excellent) support gurus for suggestions. Good luck!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.