RIGA EAST (OUTDATED MORE INFO IN DESCRIPTION.)

Tracks RIGA EAST (OUTDATED MORE INFO IN DESCRIPTION.) 0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Benders submitted a new resource:

Mežciems - Neighborhood in Riga, Latvia.

View attachment 574716

Mežciems. A free roam map for Assetto Corsa based on one of the suburbs in Riga, Latvia.

Mežciems is one of the suburbs located in Riga, Latvia. The suburb holds the famous Biķernieki Race track.

Besides the track, the suburb was built during Soviet times in 70s-80s, so expect to see a lot of bloc homes. As well, the map contains private home areas, stores, malls and as well as quite a few parking lots.

Since the map is about 30% done, you can see...

Read more about this resource...

Thank's for your answer, of course I explore the rest of the map, I was just talking about the IKEA part because his version already has the buildings and the gaz station on the right so you wouldn't have to do it if you could just add his IKEA part to the rest of the map. I hope u will update the map in the future for add parts and more details because I love this place

Benders updated Mežciems with a new update entry:

Mezciems NEW Update!

Hi!

New update launched with some new features, fixes and some small bugs which will get fixed in next release.
View attachment 576892

- Fixed an issue that made some users crash when launching the map. the "track layout broken" error should be fixed as this was a matter of folder names not being right. Should not happen anymore.
- Night lighting! Very early, but it's there.
View attachment 576891View attachment 576890
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Same problem than Stamper29...
Hi! My apologies, I did not notice this thread being active. The issues are fixed and should not happen anymore. The issue was caused by the folder names being incorrect.

You can download the new version and it should be fixed or you can rename the track folder to the same name as the kn5 file, which is "Mezciems"

Thank's for your answer, of course I explore the rest of the map, I was just talking about the IKEA part because his version already has the buildings and the gaz station on the right so you wouldn't have to do it if you could just add his IKEA part to the rest of the map. I hope u will update the map in the future for add parts and more details because I love this place
Hi!

The problem with the map is that the buildings are not the exact ones you'd see there. I understand some smaller buildings like private homes, but the big store and IKEA are the wrong models taken from 3dwarehouse and do not have any collision in his map.

This was my initial idea to ask for permission to combine, but there are a few things.

1. As far as I know - Arturs Bondars is not really active in the AC community anymore and is focusing on his actual career. I doubt he'll have the time for that and resources to update the map or if he is even willing to give permission to use the map.

2. Since I use RTB, SketchUp and I've started to learn blender - it is easier and faster to recreate the area along with the other roads. Combining the map towards to the end would cause some problems for me as a beginner and at the moment.

3. I'm completely alone on this project and while it did start as a full time thing for the first two months, I got a real job now and I wouldn't want to spend the time to optimize, re-do the existing buildings that are within his version of the map and combine the roads, create collisions and so on.

Yes - I definitely plan to keep updating this map as much as possible, I got some great stuff in works in the background and I'll probably have more to share in the next few days. I also plan to expand the area a tad bit, so we'll see how that goes.

Hi, everyone!

Happy to see that my map has over 1k downloads and people seem to enjoy this map!

I come here asking for some help. If anyone would like to join the project with some modeling work - let me know! While I do make slow, but steady progress on the map, plans are to, well... expand to other regions of the city :)

I believe that this project that I've started is probably my ambitious things ever and if done as I've imagined it - could be a special map in Assetto Corsa.

SketchUp/blender/Anything that can export stuff to .fbx - if you know how to use these programs even amuteur level - you're set!

Required stuff will mostly be some buildings, props.

Not like I'm quitting and letting someone else do the job, but this project for one person is a bit ambitious. Possible, but a lot of time is required.

Hi!

Took two weeks off for mid summer celebrations, work and other personal things, back to modeling. Here is one of the models. Will be part of a industrial area, where in real life, there are many car services, tuner shops that build drift cars/race cars.

Within this area, there will be plenty of buildings like this. I'd also like to convert one of the buildings into an inside drift area.

If you have any other ideas you'd like to see - let me know!
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg

As you might see - the model is still work in progress. Should appear, along with many other buildings - in the next release. The garages might be a bit empty here, but will have many props within them and as well lighting during the night.

If anyone is wondering - yes, if anyone wants to help with any models, do let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mezciems 0.41

Hi guys!

New update fixing some issues and adding some small improvements.

- Trees are fixed, they are no longer see-through.
View attachment 580936

- Some night lighting additions.
View attachment 580937

- New service/car repair complex building with drive-in garages. Near the gas station.
View attachment 580938View attachment 580939

More is coming as always, however, since I'm working now - work can go a bit slower now on the map...

Small progress update.

Hi!

Some work used towards to adding GrassFX and RainFX to the map! (Puddles and better looking rain)View attachment 583492
View attachment 583490View attachment 583491
This does indeed fill the map with more life.

As well, something that is not pictured
- some roads are recreated from scratch to avoid issues.
- road signs, markings on the road it self
- additional parking lots
- more roads

Update could come out somewhere in August/September. The...

Hi!
Thanks for the track!
I think you might have put the wrong version in this update zip - no grass or rain config.
Have a nice holiday!
Hi! The rain/grass config is still work in progress. It will release within the following weeks. However, if you want to try out a very EAAAARLY version, let me know!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.