Rfactor2 Test Season: Settings and Setup Thread

can you try again nico please, ive restarted the server.

when you click on the server does the writing on the left go yellow but the join button stays greyed out? when its yellow writing at the side i think that usually means you have the stuff installed, the greyed out join is a bug carried over from the previous build, if the writing stays grey at the side when you click the server that would mean your missing a componant.

not 100% sure on any of that but ive restarted the server anyhoo, ill start doing it every 24hrs to hopefully avoid problems.

edit: btw you have updated to build 590? if not you can do so through the console updater, takes 2 mins.

Last edited:
Hello. I've just started driving rF2 and I have had this problem where my steering wheel will not return to the center when powering out of a corner unless I lift off the throttle or shift gear. I've tried editing all kinds of stuff in the Porsche Wheel.ini but it does not cure it. I have recently edited the line; Steering Spring coefficient and saturation which centers the wheel when exiting corners but this is being done independently by the wheel itself and not the cars phsics... :( I have just copied and paste the controller.ini in the first post but the problem persists.

Thanks for any info! :)

Last edited:
Hello. I've just started driving rF2 and I have had this problem where my steering wheel will not return to the center when powering out of a corner unless I lift off the throttle or shift gear. I've tried editing all kinds of stuff in the Porsche Wheel.ini but it does not cure it. I have recently edited the line; Steering Spring coefficient and saturation which centers the wheel when exiting corners but this is being done independently by the wheel itself and not the cars phsics... :( I have just copied and paste the controller.ini in the first post but the problem persists.

Thanks for any info! :)

Hey Chris, long time not seen you :)

Try the following setting to set a constant minimum force in your ffb, maybe it cures your problem.

In the Controller.ini serach for the line:
Steering torque minimum="0.00000" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB

set it for example to 0.02000 for 1% or 0.05000 for 5%
Try values somewhere in this area.

Hey Chris :)

Later when you try Dino's suggestion, could you take a look at what these are in your Controller.ini file and let me know what they are? (Mine are from the T500 config)

Code:
Steering torque extrap time="0.01500" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050.  To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
Steering torque extrap blend="0.00000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)

I've never tried this, but it looks like it does weird stuff like what you've described from the comments.

Yo mates.

My steering torque minimum was already on 0.03000, Dino. I will adjust it and add some more to feel the effect it has more so, cheers.

Hello April, these are my settings;

Steering torque extrap time="0.01500"
Steering torque extrap blend="0.00000"

What do you recommend please ? ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering