rFactor worth getting still?

1. depends on when the mod was released and last updated, it varies.
2. Yes, for most racing except if you're intending Rallye or Monstertrucks.
3. Last Patched Version is 1.255F from 2007 so no, there's rF2 Beta in the go but without decent mods right now.

Advice: Get rF1 and see what Series you're interested in.

nah rF2 isn't lacking realism at all but just not gone gold and has quite a lot of bugs still beeing in beta. Series well yeah no major modding team went on it to have something proper out just yet, preparations are there but nothing is certain.
rF has a lot of formula stuff which if done properly is atop of everything, not sure about formula BMW but there's a lot of variety in it despite. If you come from Race or GTREvo you'll feel quite perplex at first but you'll get used to it.

you can find a LOT of mods for rfactor on rfactorcentral.com

i have rfactor for soe 3 or 4 years, i like it very much, because i can get a mod of almost any car i wan't to drive, and still it is a very good sim, of course you will be better with rfactor 2, but it seems to be with some bugs, for what i have heard, i would like to play rfactor2 but i won't buy it until it comes out, until them i will still play rfactor 1

rF1 is still well worth the small financial outlay, as has been said above.
The beauty of rF1 is that you can still find plenty of mods to download and leagues to join, even here at RD theres mods, tracks and addons etc to be had, just google rFactor and you'll be presented with a plethora of sites to view.
Good luck :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea