Rfactor: ia MOD problems HELP

Can someone please help me?:cry::cry:

there is a mod that I want to modify... specifically the AI.
You will see... the AI is mixed... very fast pilots are usually in the middle of the table... and other slow ones... above.
(the mod has its rcd files...but everything is "matched")...then...modifying the ia a bit...I will be able to ORDER (in a general way) the pilots.

problem: I don't know anything about modifying rcd files

problem 2: the ai usually gives ONE fast lap VERY STRONG ...and all the others too slow.
((this means that...if the fastest driver did NOT do his fastest lap on the FIRST lap....he can never beat his mark...and car MUCH slower than him...on his first lap THEY OVERCOME IT...making the ranking totally mixed up...and unreal):mad::mad:

problem 3: although in the circuit SPECIFICALLY the qualifying laps are 12....some cars (random) tend to do more...and this disqualifies them.:mad: (I would like them to do only 12)
(another way is to widen the turns...but it wasn't realistic)

problem 4...besides...all the ai...do the classification LAPS in ONE OR TWO sections.... (the normal thing is that they do one lap and go back to the box...and so they repeat this... .but they do all the laps (slowly) and then they go back to the box)

thanks for everything;);)

...i know that rfactor is very loved...but i come from f1 challenge...where you don't have to touch any of this...because being a game exclusively designed for f1...the whole system of classification is very polished and correctly done

although in the circuit SPECIFICALLY the qualifying laps are 12....some cars (random) tend to do more...and this disqualifies them.:mad: (I would like them to do only 12)
Have been seeing this issue myself too! Would love to know if there's a fix.

Which mod are you working with?

the ai usually gives ONE fast lap VERY STRONG ...and all the others too slow.
If I understand you correctly, I have not experienced this problem myself. Have been playing rF1 with V8Factor a lot recently, and I have seen cars routinely do fast laps that move them to higher qualifying positions late in the qualifying session. Maybe a mod-specific issue?

You will see... the AI is mixed... very fast pilots are usually in the middle of the table... and other slow ones... above.
(the mod has its rcd files...but everything is "matched")...then...modifying the ia a bit...I will be able to ORDER (in a general way) the pilots.
Could you please clarify what you mean by this?

Regardless, one note is that you may want to set AI Limiter = 0 in your PLR file. AI Limiter = 1 means that drivers' AI strength is artificially squashed to be the same, whereas AI Limiter = 0 means the game determines each driver's speed purely from their RCD file.

the mod is the RVR 2000....it has rcd files.
(yes...I also set the ai limiter to zero)

and no...it is not a specific problem of this mod...many have this problem (of course...since almost everything is configured for online races...few care about doing the complete championship...and what cars qualify realistically)

and no...it is not a specific problem of this mod...many have this problem (of course...since almost everything is configured for online races...few care about doing the complete championship...and what cars qualify realistically)
To get drivers to qualify more realistically, I think (although I've never tried this myself) you want to edit the Speed (under Driver Stats) in each of their talent files. Use values near 100 for good drivers, and lower values for worse drivers. Not aware of exactly how low you can go with the Speed value, but rF1 mods I have installed tend to set the slowest drivers at 80 or 85.

about that...there is a lot of reading on the internet...to modify the ".plr" file

- Auto Line Smooth
- AI to AI Collision Rate
- AI Brake_Power Usage
- AI Brake_Grip Usage
-AI Limiter
AI Mistakes

all of them known....but...but...i did this...and the ai becomes more realistic...much more competitive and wheel to wheel (overtaking and all that...). good for that.

But I meant something else:
the problem is not competitiveness... or overtaking... it is ORDER.
the order of the classification STRATEGY, they don't do it, and in the end, all the slow cars come out ahead (obviously, in the race the ai would overtake the slow ones...but if the classification was good...there would not be this problem)

...in addition to the other problems mentioned above. (First comment)

the RCD files are correctly done (I saw them and they are well done)

What NOBODY told me is that there is something else that can be modified:

"airrange="
it is located in the ".aiw" file. this value ENLARGES or REDUCES THE OVERALL STRENGTH OF THE RCD FILES.

even so... I still haven't answered the questions above (first comment)

the AI RANGE ...should I modify it? (in ".aiw" file)
I have a mod, its ai (rcd) is well built (values well separated between slow and fast cars)...but on the track...you can barely see THE DIFFERENCE between slow and fast cars.

---

besides the sorting problems (no "strategy", mixed, and slow) I found what """""MAYBE""""" is the problem:
the HDV
VERY high fuel values are specified in it...(I don't want to touch any of that until I know what it is)....
but """"""APPEARANT""""""" makes the ai cars qualify on low fuel (just one lap)....and then...NO MORE "to recharge" STOPS.. ..which produces that the following classification outputs...are fuel tank FULL.

(remember?...during the race, one can choose to "SCHEDULE" pit stops to refuel...1 or 2 or 3)

Last edited:
But I meant something else:
the problem is not competitiveness... or overtaking... it is ORDER.
the order of the classification STRATEGY, they don't do it, and in the end, all the slow cars come out ahead (obviously, in the race the ai would overtake the slow ones...but if the classification was good...there would not be this problem)
You mean that the RCD files are correctly done, but the slow drivers still consistenly outqualify the fast ones?

That's to be expected sometimes since there is some randomness to the AI performance... a skilled driver according to the RCD file will usually do well in most sessions, but there will be some where they don't do as well.

If that problem is happening all the time, though, that is very weird.

the AI RANGE ...should I modify it? (in ".aiw" file)
I have a mod, its ai (rcd) is well built (values well separated between slow and fast cars)...but on the track...you can barely see THE DIFFERENCE between slow and fast cars.
Increasing AI range could help – worth a try! However, I have seen large, realistic field spread with AIRange=0.1 in the track AIW with lots of different car mods.

In my experience, AI Limiter = 0 is what made the difference (it means the AI talent is not 'compressed' into a small range, but performs precisely as defined in the RCD files).

"""""MAYBE""""" is the problem:
the HDV
VERY high fuel values are specified in it...(I don't want to touch any of that until I know what it is)....
but """"""APPEARANT""""""" makes the ai cars qualify on low fuel (just one lap)....and then...NO MORE "to recharge" STOPS.. ..which produces that the following classification outputs...are fuel tank FULL.
This is a weird rFactor bug I do not know how to fix. In qualifying, they first only do a small number of laps – so one would assume they are on low fuel, but I am not certain of this. Then they pit, and then do more laps – again, presumably on high fuel, but I am not certain.

GTR2 and RACE 07 have the option of setting qualifying setups and race setups for the AI separately, which would help solve this problem. It also allows one to set an effectively higher AI Strength using QualRatio and RaceRatio in the AIW (values that have no effect in rFactor 1). One reason GTR2 is a better sim for offline racing!

One thing to check might be the FuelUse value in the AIW – perhaps the AI are not choosing the right amount of fuel, and thus can only run one quali lap on low fuel (instead of several laps, like I would expect). It should be set as 16 x lap length.

NOTE: By the way, I have experimented with creating a low fuel setup, saving it, then "assigning" it to the AI using the button in the UI. This seemed to force the AI to run low fuel throughout qualifying. Then for the race, they seemed to change back to the default setup. You could try this, if you'd like? I can offer no guarantees about whether it will work, though.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea