Rfactor 2

I have been using RF2 for several months now and have completed all races in the RD VWEC.
Sepang 2 hrs Practice
Sepang 6 hours race
Bahrain 2 hrs Practice
Bahrain 8 hrs race
Losail 12 hours Race.
In these 30 hours of racing we experienced no game related bugs. There was a learning curve as the rasce log sofware disrupted the game at Sepang but once sorted it was 1st class.
I run a Fanatec CSR.
RF2 is working. It has a fully modeled F1 car built with the team input of the team (Marussia).

The RF2 Tyre model is already quite amazing. It adds a dimension to the driving challenge that has to be experienced to be believed. Setup and moreso driving style can double tyre life. The strategy implications are big.
The FFB and physics are also truly excellent.
I love RF2 and its still getting better. The immersion level is really something.
For another platform to beat RF2 it will need to be very special.
The tyre model and weather model add two huge dimensions that are currently missing.

I'm not experienced in GSC or AC at all so wont pretend to know it all. However I have raced real cars on real tracks in club sprint events from 130 ps to 450ps and including Front Wheel drive. Rear wheel drive and 4 wheel drive.

So gents, just my opinion.
Its up to the organisers to decide with input from the teams what will offer
Most acceptance from teams
Most realistic racing
Best spectacle
Most credible world champion.

Peace Out.

I have been using RF2 for several months now and have completed all races in the RD VWEC.
Sepang 2 hrs Practice
Sepang 6 hours race
Bahrain 2 hrs Practice
Bahrain 8 hrs race
Losail 12 hours Race.
In these 30 hours of racing we experienced no game related bugs. There was a learning curve as the rasce log sofware disrupted the game at Sepang but once sorted it was 1st class.
I run a Fanatec CSR.
RF2 is working. It has a fully modeled F1 car built with the team input of the team (Marussia).

The RF2 Tyre model is already quite amazing. It adds a dimension to the driving challenge that has to be experienced to be believed. Setup and moreso driving style can double tyre life. The strategy implications are big.
The FFB and physics are also truly excellent.
I love RF2 and its still getting better. The immersion level is really something.
For another platform to beat RF2 it will need to be very special.
The tyre model and weather model add two huge dimensions that are currently missing.

I'm not experienced in GSC or AC at all so wont pretend to know it all. However I have raced real cars on real tracks in club sprint events from 130 ps to 450ps and including Front Wheel drive. Rear wheel drive and 4 wheel drive.

So gents, just my opinion.
Its up to the organisers to decide with input from the teams what will offer
Most acceptance from teams
Most realistic racing
Best spectacle
Most credible world champion.

Peace Out.
I totally agree with you, I race in another league with rF2 and even though we had a few problems with the old builds now everything is running very well, no lag or bug. We are 24 drivers and everything runs very well.

A winter series is likely to take place, but any exact dates are not set up yet - nothing much on that front will likely happen during December.

I don't want to start a winter series with the current rF2 build, there are still collision issues that should and will be improved.

I'm personally not ready for it's price ( 84$ lifetime or 48$ + 12 next year... and the one after... and so on).
Well I dont want to seem argumentative but when coming from Xbox gaming and I see the Codies F1 title launch at £50.00 (for classic edition) and bearing in mind that if you want to race it in Leagues you will need to buy it every year as the community deserts the old game when the new one launches. Plus the £35 per annum for Xbox Live Gold. So it can cost up to £85.00 per year for a game that covers one vehicle.
RF2 is a much higher level sim and its about £60.00 for life.
Its a bargain.
The community will be creating content for years and its already awesome. When you can be racing someone and push your tyres too hard and pay the price later in your stint ets etc.
Its a bargain and the Skippy AI include some of the best drivers in the world.:cool:

Well I dont want to seem argumentative but when coming from Xbox gaming and I see the Codies F1 title launch at £50.00 (for classic edition) and bearing in mind that if you want to race it in Leagues you will need to buy it every year as the community deserts the old game when the new one launches. Plus the £35 per annum for Xbox Live Gold. So it can cost up to £85.00 per year for a game that covers one vehicle.
RF2 is a much higher level sim and its about £60.00 for life.
Its a bargain.
The community will be creating content for years and its already awesome. When you can be racing someone and push your tyres too hard and pay the price later in your stint ets etc.
Its a bargain and the Skippy AI include some of the best drivers in the world.:cool:

That's why I never paid more than 20$ for games (Thank you Steam sales). I wait for it to be dead cheap or to receive it as a gift. rFactor 1 was cheap when I bought it, otherwise I would not have it. But that's me, and I have lots of bills and not the best of salaries :unsure:

That's why I never paid more than 20$ for games (Thank you Steam sales). I wait for it to be dead cheap or to receive it as a gift. rFactor 1 was cheap when I bought it, otherwise I would not have it. But that's me, and I have lots of bills and not the best of salaries :unsure:
If its a question of cost rather than value Fair enough we all have our budgets for these projects.
For me I took the view that I will buy RF2 and thats it for say 5 years or so except for bargains (eg Race Pro @ £5.00).
Peace out

I little question by a noob on rFactor2!
I bought the sim only 2 weeks ago and i tried for the first time on Poznan with the Winter Series 2014 and my question is this:Where can i find the brake's consumption?
On rFactor1 i used the rfdyhud plugin that explain the % of the brakes but,on rFactor2,this plugin don't work and the Trackmap haven't this information (only the temperature,not the consumption)...

Thanks!

I little question by a noob on rFactor2!
I bought the sim only 2 weeks ago and i tried for the first time on Poznan with the Winter Series 2014 and my question is this:Where can i find the brake's consumption?
On rFactor1 i used the rfdyhud plugin that explain the % of the brakes but,on rFactor2,this plugin don't work and the Trackmap haven't this information (only the temperature,not the consumption)...

Thanks!
Search for the MoTec plugin for rF2, which allows you to view your rf2 data in the MoTEC software.

P.S. Just checked it, it does not show brake wear only brake temperature. As long as the cooling is ok and the brakes don't run too hot you should not get any brake problems. I did a lot of long races (at least 40 hours in races more than 40min up to 12 hours) in rF2 and the only time I saw brake failure was in Mills Outerloop C with the FR35. The track is super hard on brakes and some drivers reduced the brake duct size.

I would check the MoTec data and see if the brakes are cooling down enough on the straights. A bit more cooling is not too bad you can warm them on the formation lap and after that I had no issues with "cool" brakes so far in rF2.

Can anyone assist in editing trackcams?

Its a real bugger in RF2

1st need to open the massfiles
Extract the camfiles from there with the mass editor
But when i put a new camfile in it
And when i go ingame i see no bahrain track anymore pfff

Anyone has some answers?

Can anyone assist in editing trackcams?

Its a real bugger in RF2

1st need to open the massfiles
Extract the camfiles from there with the mass editor
But when i put a new camfile in it
And when i go ingame i see no bahrain track anymore pfff

Anyone has some answers?

If you make any change to a .mas file you need to make a package and install the track again. You should use the DevEditor since you don't need to package the track and installing it all the time, it works just like rF1.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.