rFactor 2 Toban Raceway Park and Howston Dissenter Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Image Space Incorporated have released two new pieces of content for rFactor 2 in the form of the 1974 Howston Dissenter and popular rFactor 1 track Toban Raceway Park.

While ISI have been busy showing off plenty of sneak peak images relating to the return of rF1 classic Toban for the last few weeks, perhaps the biggest surprise relating to today's new content release is the 1974 spec Howston Dissenter classic stockcar. The Howston was one of the very first image renders shown by ISI way back in 2012 and makes its much delayed debut in the sim today.

Coming in both road course and speedway configurations, the '74 Dissenter is a reasonably powerful low grip addition to the title that should give drivers an interesting challenge when driven at it's limit.

Featuring a straight-cut 4-speed manual transmission with a wide power band offering ample torque to keep you on your toes, the new addition to ISI's stable of home grown content should provide a satisfying driving experience, while at the same time the reasonably forgiving characteristics of the car could well encourage some nice close online racing.

On the circuit front fan favourite Toban Raceway Park has been totally reworked and updated for it;s debut in rFactor 2. Featuring all the usual goodies such as realroad and graphical improvements like upgraded marshals and enhancements to almost every aspect of the circuits details, perhaps the most interesting aspect of the new release can be found in the fine details produced by the team over at ISI. Toban rF2 has been aged significantly since it's rFactor 1 days and the signs of a lack of upkeep are evident in the new release.

The track comes with seven configurations (six layouts): Long, Long 24 Hours, Long Reverse, Medium, Medium Reverse, Short and Short Reverse.

rFactor 2 Howston Dissenter.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park 2.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park 3.jpg rF2 Toban Raceway Park.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter 2.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter 3.jpg rF2 Howston Dissenter.jpg

Don't forget to check out exclusive interview with ISI and have a look at our rFactor 2 Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment.

Glad to see the classic Toban Raceway brought "up to date" in rFactor 2? How does the Howston feel? What do you think of the new content? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Deleted member 130869

Can you buy me a 980Ti so I would be able to do that? :)

Already struggling with framerates. Can't even dream of some fps killer settings like high shadows, high AA , high reflections or HDR.

That was for you running alone on track. Sadly, rF2 may be the most graphically demanding title right now. I haven't played R3E in a long while, and that game was a hog, but you are out of luck. HDR off will give you 15 or so FPS, maybe more, but it will not look pleasant.

Can you buy me a 980Ti so I would be able to do that? :)

Already struggling with framerates. Can't even dream of some fps killer settings like high shadows, high AA , high reflections or HDR.
I have an 8350 and GTX 770,16 gig ram and i can turn on HDR,most settings at or near max and i get on average 80 fps with 30 cars.I would think your system should be capable of about the same with single screen.Triple screens yeah you need a 980 or more.

I also instantly thought troll, with his so called ICE comment, it's not project cars, this is a proper sim. As Kevin Knorpp said, maybe the game is too difficult for you. Try driving with all of the aids enabled.

I'm running 5780 on triples with a GTX 770 4GB on a 4th gen i7 with 8GB DDR3 ram, I have HDR on and most settings to high or max. I have lowered some of the reflections, aliasing and shadows to low/mid to get the FPS to stay above 60 when racing 10-20 online.

I really like the way this track looks compared to another recently launched sim. rF2 has quickly become my goto Sim, I only wish I bought it sooner. Ever since I bought a clubsport V2 base, I wasn't satisfied with the FFB from most the other Sims, they felt like they were designed for a G27 (probably are) but rF2 seems to be designed for higher torque wheels.

This Dissenter is a handful around Toban though, you don't really get much of a chance to open it up. I really like it so far, will have to try it around some of the historic tracks.

I was afraid to drive a beast like this in a sim I bearly use in a track I've never driven before, but I was so curious about it... So I read the release notes in their web page and they actually were so helpful. I jumped in a MP race (2nd time ever) and managed to end up in 3rd place. It was actually a lot of fun this car. I must try it now in a track I actually like ;)

Track and car are both fun to me. Car is communicative and lets you know at all times what it's doing. It does require you to be on your toes but if you listen to it, it's a blast to drive. I've only run the full layout of the track but it's combination for elevation and tight turns is very challenging. I enjoy P CARS for the theatrics but give me the feeling of rFactor2 over it any day.

Cracks me up when people complain that their computer can't get descent frame rates and then post their specs from an old computer with 6yr old parts.

Every single sim / game is going to improve in graphics quality in the future. Either upgrade and roll with the times , or go play Mario kart. Don't mean to sound harsh , but that's the way it is!

Heck I'm running a 5 - 6yr CPU ( OC 2600K @ 4.5mhz ) , 16gb ram and a new Sapphire R9 Fury. I had to upgrade from a pair of crossfired 7970's because some of these race sims just do not perform well on crossfire or Sli. I dang near tripled my frame rate in RF2 after making the upgrade. I play on a 34" Acer 3440 X 1440p monitor with everything basically turned up all the way....and she looks awesome! I only have a 75mhz refresh rate and it never drops below the 75 frames and looks butter smooth.

so yeah....if your computer isn't running this sim very well , either upgrade your parts , or figure out what's making the sim look like crap. You gotta " pay to play " whether you like it or not.

I bought rF2 over 4 years ago.

2 years and 9 months ago I bought a GPU which paid almost 600€. I didn't expected to be able to max out sims with triples but so far rF2 has been the most tasking and worst looking by a good margin. That combo shouldn't be something to be proud of.

After that investment I've tried to focus more for controllers, overall immersion and less for shiny graphics. I'm already looking for GPU upgrade so things might change in the future.

I personally don't need shiny graphics and hollywood style PP effects but rF2 with lower-medium settings looks just rubbish and I'm not surprised you can hear all these cartoonish things about it.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 137 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.2%