rFactor 2 | SC2018x Stock Cars Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have tonight released a free new car set for rFactor 2, adding the second tier SC2018x Stock Cars to the simulation via the Steam Workshop.

At 650hp, the SC2018x represents the second level of American Stock Car content within rFactor 2, slotting in as a supporting series to the previously released Stock Car 2018 and earlier Stock Car 2015 machines already available within the simulation.

SC2018x_screen_03.jpg

rFactor 2 | SC2018x Steam Workshop: Click Here

Although the new car utilizes the same 3D model as their more powerful cousin (model updates are expected at some point in the future), the cars do look visually different from the Stock Car 2018 machines thanks to a set of new liveries that, as in stock car racing, also incorporate the front light and grill arrangement - effectively giving both models within the pack an entirely new style front end from the main series cars.

The SC2018x Stock Cars also have newly developed audio and aerodynamics compared to the top tier car, details of which can all be found in the release notes below:

SC2018x_screen_01.jpg

SC2018x Update Notes:
  • New: 650 HP Engine
  • New: More left side weight
  • New: Templates created to give a different visual with the noses of the cars.
  • New: All new paint schemes.
  • New: Updated sounds (Inside and outside remixed).
  • New: Dirty Aero update, balanced the downforce to react more in a more realistic way.
  • Fixed: Smoothing issues on car bodies.
  • Fixed: Aero in dirty air, increasing stability and reducing ‘loose’ car behaviour.
  • Updated: Superspeedway draft package update.
  • Updated: Default road course setup.

Original Source: Studio 397.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

For the latest news, or to find out answers to your most ponded questions, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a thread and get involved with the community today!

SC2018x_screen_05.jpg

Last edited:
as iRacing is sitting pretty on the NASCAR licence, I suppose they had to come up with something else
I've been on an oval racing binge (I'm a rallyer/hillclimber. Go figure) for about 2 months now. I tried and tried to get a feel for the previous rF2 stock cars and also hoped that S397 would incorporate the series into the Competition System. I thought it was a possibility since they have at least some of the odd NASCAR rules already built into the game.

I quickly became discouraged and somewhat reluctantly dished out the cash for a season's worth of Oval content in iRacing. I must admit I'm having a blast with it, although the learning curve is quite steep.

I think that there are a lot of iRacing drivers who would love to have an alternative to racing ovals in iRacing. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no other sim on the market which is a decent representation of this racing discipline?

Or, MAYBE, this is a small test to see if they can rework NASCAR heat to include GMotor physics?

Feeling the heat of AMS 2, aren't ya? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
How would affect AMS2 rF2? rF2 is the last moddable sim that's still in development and I am waiting since allmost ten years for a product that offers the same high fidelity. You can say alot of bad things about the product and how it get's developed at times, but if you are completely honest, there is no alternative right now. It is like ArmA III, just for racing games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back