News rFactor 2 | News

Has anyone compared the rFactor2 BMW M4 GT3 to the one in ACC? I absolutely love this car in ACC and am hoping it drives just as well in rF2 too.
Speaking to the driving itself they are almost identical, its quite remarkable but also do not forget BMW probably gave the exact same rundown of the car to each company and neither game engine or system of implementation is much lacking. What you 'miss' from the RF2 version its just smoothed over and its not really noticeable (I think rf2 allows on purpose and by natural means the tires to slip more, but I think too the tire model in RF2 is industry-leading iirc for feel, so this is slightly different but not overtly so)....meaning they are so very close, and I am not just saying that - they feel so good and you do not mind which game you use.

So if the threshold for cool or enjoment is like a 7, then I rate both ACC and RF2 BMW a 9 or 10 easily. Its well past the point where you would worry, and both were highly enjoyable.

So I drove both and gave a feedback bit (which was relatively long for the style of news it was as it was the announcement thread here on RD) as a form of feedback in order to get the subject back on topic.

But not many people bit. So I can tell you here that I drove both and have done so extensively at nurburgring (official 24h support and official GP) and places like sachenring and Yokahama (mods).

I would suggest to only drive on official tracks as much as you can since the grip is generally much better and normal. But both those mods are pretty good.

It felt so very good and very close to the ACC one. So that is hard to describe and yes I agree that it does not probably follow the BoP so much perhaps but it didnt really feel any faster or slower - I drove them back to back basically, so 10 laps for example in RF2 then in ACC, then back, then back again!

For rf2 I posted a 2 minute flat basically time on the 24hr support track (only half the full endurance course just the GP section it is without the tight chicane), and other times I would post a 2min 5 seconds.

I also adjusted traction control and engine and ABS. I used default in rf2 I am pretty sure and then safe settings in ACC.

It feels really good and as long as you stick to the proper line you won't be noticing any large difference. Sure Rf2 feels more smooth perhaps and turnable but surprisingly with the new ffb ACC can be much the same, which was different to last year.

I honestly think that - there is bugger-all difference between it and ACC. You would be hard pressed to notice if not for the graphics, and tbh its no offence to ACC but I like both games of course, but for now I actually think the RF2 one is more fun or pleasant to drive. Its got that extra 'bite and lose grip' and gutteral feel, but to be honest both cars have a lot of 'grunt' about them; but in rf2 that grunt is seemingly more present; may be acc feels more 'full' in terms of sim by a small amount, but speaking to the actual driving they are almost identical. I made sure to go from say 4 traction to 6 and 8, and try to hammer it and properly drive it, etc. And tested brakes and all that. Went wide, went shallow on the turns, then tried to do proper laps.

The engeneering on these cars is stunning I would say. All of them in the games. To say the car is one of the most exciting in both sims is highly accurate as well.

Last edited:
Okay thanks.
I realized there was one area I did not cover and that might also explain the discrepancy between the max rpm of the two versions. ACC = SRO so those are carved in stone. rF2 has it's own fleet of generic GT3 and the M4 GT3 must compete in that arena. IF, and I don't know, but if the rpm is different, it may be due keeping the M4 competitive with the other cars.(also remember, rF2 BOPS cars for online use and not so much for AI racing)

GT3 BOP update - ( 7 cars updated to version 3.59 )

Aston Martin: +10kg
BMW M4: -12kg
Ferrari: +8kg
McLaren 650s: -3kg
McLaren 720s: -5kg
Mercedes: +10kg
Porsche: -10kg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No