News rFactor 2 Goes Proper Endurance with Vanwall Vandervell LMH Reveal

Does anyone else has the problem that the Vanwall LMH is pretty "slidy"? I'm sliding all the time and the tires get pretty hot and loose grip. I tried to mess with the setup, but couldn't find a solution. Also changing the tire pressure didn't help. Any suggestions?! Thanks!

Does anyone else has the problem that the Vanwall LMH is pretty "slidy"? I'm sliding all the time and the tires get pretty hot and loose grip. I tried to mess with the setup, but couldn't find a solution. Also changing the tire pressure didn't help. Any suggestions?! Thanks!
are you driving on a green track? Real Road can be preset to start your sessions with some rubber already laid down. If it's set to green then try letting the AI run a bunch of laps first to get some rubber on the track.
As far as the Vanwall being slidey, I've only done a few laps to check installation. I would have to go back and drive some other lmp1 like the Rebellion then switch back to the Vanwall for a comparision.

I have a similar problem at spa. The car (default setup) is too slidy (too much oversteering) to pass Eau Rouge in full throttle, and it happens in other high speed corners. So I increase the rear wing angle from 3 to 5, which really helps me to drive.

I have a similar problem at spa. The car (default setup) is too slidy (too much oversteering) to pass Eau Rouge in full throttle, and it happens in other high speed corners. So I increase the rear wing angle from 3 to 5, which really helps me to drive.

Might help to raise the rear, and/or soften the rear a little bit as well - especially if the wing-change makes it a bit to slow on the straights.

This was a good advice! I always tried to lift the rear and to stiff it, but to soften it actually worked a lot better. Thanks for that!
Now I have to figure out why I’m still a couple of seconds slower at Le Mans than the AI at 90

This was a good advice! I always tried to lift the rear and to stiff it, but to soften it actually worked a lot better. Thanks for that!
Now I have to figure out why I’m still a couple of seconds slower at Le Mans than the AI at 90
well, it IS a car from By Kolles after all... :)
sorry, couldn't resist... The other 3rd party LMP1 & LMDh cars are in the process of being balanced to match the pace of the the S397 Vanwall. (no time table yet for when they will complete their work.)
LMP2 cars from S397 reresent the car's performance(I think) from either 2018 or 2019. Those cars were much faster than current versions due to BOP restrictions to slow the P2 cars down, so current LMP2 cars from S397 will not play nice with 2021/22 LMP1 or LMDh/LMH style cars.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back