Build 998 brings a new demo for the simulator and a raft of fixes. You can find the full changelog below.
Update 33 (Build 998) Changelog:
- Added an option to the KnockoutQualifying plugin to have a fixed number of vehicles being scored in Q2/Q3/Q4, rather than have a variable number which was computed proportionally based on the number of vehicles in Q1.
- Added the admin command /pitbyvehicle. This is similar to /pitbydriver and /pitbyteam, but finds matches to the Description in the VEH file.
- Online map put player's icon and the icon for the car to be followed under caution in front of the others so they are easier to keep track of.
- Juggled some suspension geometry initialization so that caster changes affect the outboard pushrod location.
- Added results file tag <TrackData> which lists the layout MAS file.
- Letting "virtual" cars override "Classes" & "Category" from the base vehicle file. (in a text editor, by hand.)
- Made the key for triple-head configuration and the TGM display into a single configurable control.
- Added onboard right track bar adjustment, which requires the HDV [SUSPENSION] setting OnboardRightTrackBarAdjustment=1.
- Expanded multiview adjustments to allow separate side channel settings
- Added multiview adjustment tool, toggle with ctrl-equal
- Default pace car is Corvette
- Made fuel adjustment in legacy HDV variable BoostEffects work on new engine model (note that using the new turbo technology already results in more fuel being consumed naturally).
- Corrected albedo levels on several particle textures.
- Fix for not checking mod versions when changing mods
- Fixed an issue where a rear axle adjustment was essentially being done twice in initialization.
- Fix for server not writing correct results when everybody leaves session.
- An attempt to avoid the opponent car jitters that start happening after a few hours and get worse in long multiplayer sessions. This still needs to be tested (using the admin command /forwardseconds should help).
- Fix for locale errors in config.ini
- Corrected static ARB forces (already accounted for non-symmetric ride heights, but now accounts for non-symmetric springs and weights as well)
- Fixed underbody scraping sound.
- Small fix to prevent the upgrade tree list from updating the current track when not in realtime.
- Fixed place readout and camera cycling by place in normal (i.e. non-instant) replay mode.
- The wheels on other clients' vehicles should usually rotate at approximately the correct speed now.
- Attempted fix for race rejoin where client still thinks vehicle is under AI control.
MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
- Added "none" to AIW editor text display options. Fixed step distance/speed not getting saved for track overrides in AIW editor."
Have you tried the latest update? Sound off in the comments or join us in the rFactor 2 subforum.
Last edited by a moderator: