RFactor 2 and Simucube 2: Steering Wheel Movement Not Matching Game

So my Simucube 2 had been working excellent in RFactor 2 and I was really enjoying the combination of the RFactor 2 tire model, my bass transducers, and my 4-actuator motion setup... Then, one day I opened up a practice session and my Simucube 2 began veering way off center and when driving into a corner, the wheel went wildly out of range of the tires' direction and by the first corner exit, the wheel had ended up in the upside-down (180-degree) position while the car was traveling forward. I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling. I have TrueDrive set to 900 degrees of rotation and the in-game setting is set up with 900 degrees of rotation. Not sure what the heck is going on, but it was a bummer to have RFactor 2 be my favorite sim and then quickly become unusable. Any helpful offerings from the community? Thanks!

I'm not sure but try on the Simucube forums:

Are other sims affected?

I always needed to set up TrueDrive with 1440 degrees so my wheel and the in game wheel match up and the automatic bumpstop works correctly.

I always needed to set up TrueDrive with 1440 degrees so my wheel and the in game wheel match up and the automatic bumpstop works correctly.
That sounds worth a try. I'll give it a go. I've been struggling to find threads addressing this same problem on the Granite forum, so hopefully this might do the trick.

Rename your player.json file as a backup and let rF2 build a new file. Always START there, removing and re-installing rF2 is a HUGE waste of time as all 3rd party folders are left behind and may continue to cause problems even with a new install.
The only way to ensure you have a completely clean rF2 install is to remove via Steam, THEN exit Steam and use windows to delete any folders left inside rFactor2/

Last edited:
The .JSON player file rebuilt itself and the problem is solved. Thanks!
rF2 writes back at the end of each session to several .json files. Sometimes the process gets interupted and files like the player.json or controller.json can become corrupted which causes all sorts of issues. Glad your is back up and running properly.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.