Rf2 Uknown Problem

This seem to be an off and on problem with RF2. I have tried different cars and different tracks and going through the gears as in the GT3 Porsche, it will slow down for no reason. It doesn't happen in NR2003 and I haven't tried it in RRE yet. Not sure if it's the gas Pot going out or what? I have to downshift to get it back up again. Shouldn'thave to do that on the tracks that I am on when it should be going faster. It's a Logitech G27.

Last edited:
Someone else posted this as the answer to their problem. Does this sound like it might work for me?

Finally solved it!!
All I did was to go to the settings at the startup window and activate the Force 32-bit checkbox. Now, it runs smoothly even though I have sacrificed some bits. :)

Well, given that 32bit client is no longer supported, you (or the person who did that) have sacrificed a lot more than that. Not to mention it doesn't really make much sense, there should be no need to force 32bit, it should have no effect on your inputs. What's the source of that solution?

Last edited:
Don''t know. I found that on another forum. Didn't try it. This only happens in RF2, not RRE, or NR2003. Indy oval is the worst with Indy cars. There's something in that game that is wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe make a video showing what exactly happens, or provide some more information about what's going on, about your system and such. There's sadly not much to go on, all we really know is you have an issue with a car "slowing down" (not even sure if it's with a specific car or every car, you've worded it kinda ambiguously) in rF2 and you have a G27 wheel.

Also, as suggested, monitoring your pedal inputs can be helpful, but you'd need Simhub or something like that for it (I'm only really familiar with Simhub).

Ok, not going to make a video. Here is what happens. Example, I drive the GT3 Porsche, Porsche GTE, Indy cars, on tracks like Indy Oval, Watkins, etc. I am wide open and all of a sudden my car slows down. It has nothing to do with the corners, it slows up whenever. I have to downshift on a straight to get the speed back up or it will sometimes start speeding up on it 's own. Doesn't happen in AC also.

Last edited:
Then I would definitely suggest checking your inputs (as was already suggested before) in the game to have a more reliable idea about what's going on and to make sure it really is not a pedal/controls issue. The fact it doesn't happen in other games doesn't mean much, since every game has its own calibrations/settings for your inputs. And as (I assume) you're using the standard Logitech pedals, they are very prone to various spiking and other issues (I use them too, and it's by far the most annoying thing about them, I have to clean the potentiometers frequently - like every few weeks - and even then they can sometimes spike).

Then I would definitely suggest checking your inputs (as was already suggested before) in the game to have a more reliable idea about what's going on and to make sure it really is not a pedal/controls issue. The fact it doesn't happen in other games doesn't mean much, since every game has its own calibrations/settings for your inputs. And as (I assume) you're using the standard Logitech pedals, they are very prone to various spiking and other issues (I use them too, and it's by far the most annoying thing about them, I have to clean the potentiometers frequently - like every few weeks - and even then they can sometimes spike).

Yup, it's starting to do it now in NR2003. I hate having to take the pedals apart, but Iguess that is going to have to be done to clean the pots.

Looks like my brake pot is the problem. Anyone know where to get a replacement for the G27 pot. Don't want to clean it if it's probably going bad anyway. Tried DView and it osccilates alot till I tap it several times.

til you find replacement pots, you could try to build a little deadzone into your brake axis. Calibrate the pedal, pressing and holding the pedal all the way down and click max. Release, then, VERY VERY VERY gently, try to just get the moving portion of the graph up 1 or 2 %. Try and hold there while clicking the MIN button.

til you find replacement pots, you could try to build a little deadzone into your brake axis. Calibrate the pedal, pressing and holding the pedal all the way down and click max. Release, then, VERY VERY VERY gently, try to just get the moving portion of the graph up 1 or 2 %. Try and hold there while clicking the MIN button.

What about the Tomy Racing hall Sensors? Better than what I have now?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.