rF2 Test Build 107 released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would assume that you must pay the $12 annual fee to keep receiving updates.....
Actually, thats a thing to debate...

Quote from ISI:
ISI said:
Standard or Lifetime version
When purchasing, you are given two options. Both are the same product, they simply have different pricing structures and limitations on online services.

So, in theory, you should be limited in ONLINE play, not in updates. It just might be that you can't use the autoupdate button, but when getting the update from a http download, you should be able to install them ;)

My each reaction to every build since the beta was available has been positive all the way.

Build 107 improved the framerate for me with 16 AI cars on track. I run the sim at full graphics settings and at the start of a race in a pack before I would drop down to 45 fps for half a lap till the pack thinned out.. Now.. No issues. Replays with all cars in a pack run a constant 60fps.. I mean for a guy that runs 2 GTX 680's in my rig (0 OC though), rF2 is a beast on PC's. Pcars barely gets my card temps past 60 degrees celsius. Just goes to show the physics algorithm in rF2 is huge..

Another thing I love is the ever improving AI cars. I just love watching them race eachother like you wouldn't believe. 3 wide around some corners. They are smart and know when not to take a chance for a pass. You can be in the middle of them and they behave around you, but still are competing. I mean I can't believe how amazing it is.

I'm definately into online, but love tuning and practicing with the AI, and if this is what ISI is gonna give us, then I see full races by myself with the AI as a no brainer.

I'm extremely impressed with Race07's AI as well as GSC2012. Amazing as well. But I gotta say at this point I'm feeling rF2's AI is gonna take top spot on this category..

Loving rF2 more and more. I mean I love iRacing its so good.. But when a Beta keeps me off of iRacing and I can't get enough or know when to quit, I know ISI has got a for sure winner here. With AC and Simbins Raceroom Experience teaser looking gorgous (just too bad they gave us a non pro settings car to try out) as ever, it sure is one hell of a good time to be a sim racer with the new sims that are to come out..

In principle, yes. Somehow, they find it easy to remove the updates once a new one is released.

However,

I do have the update file for you :) I will upload it, so you can download it again, and just update instead of doing a full reinstall.

In principle, yes. Somehow, they find it easy to remove the updates once a new one is released.

However,

I do have the update file for you :) I will upload it, so you can download it again, and just update instead of doing a full reinstall.
Wow, thanks :) Yea, i stopped playing for a while to do study for the exams i just had. But when i saw that there had already been another build before 107 i was worried if i would be able to update and i couldn't. I think it is a little silly of them to remove the updates so fast.

Thanks again. :D

I am having problem with updating from 101 to 107, get a message that says
"Error opening file for writing:rfactor2\Launch rFactor.exe" and options to abort ignore and try again.
Nick Deeley had a similiar problem with the last update and wrote it was something about windows update maybe anyone knows what he did?

Is the launcher screen open perhaps? I know the installer is supposed to close that launcher, but it seems like the launcher is still active.

Check the TaskManager to see if it is still running, close it there, and click retry. Not sure if this is it, but it's worth a try :)

Another thing I love is the ever improving AI cars. I just love watching them race eachother like you wouldn't believe. 3 wide around some corners. They are smart and know when not to take a chance for a pass. You can be in the middle of them and they behave around you, but still are competing. I mean I can't believe how amazing it is.
I'm definately into online, but love tuning and practicing with the AI, and if this is what ISI is gonna give us, then I see full races by myself with the AI as a no brainer.

I'm extremely impressed with Race07's AI as well as GSC2012. Amazing as well. But I gotta say at this point I'm feeling rF2's AI is gonna take top spot on this category..

Loving rF2 more and more. I mean I love iRacing its so good.. But when a Beta keeps me off of iRacing and I can't get enough or know when to quit, I know ISI has got a for sure winner here. With AC and Simbins Raceroom Experience teaser looking gorgous (just too bad they gave us a non pro settings car to try out) as ever, it sure is one hell of a good time to be a sim racer with the new sims that are to come out..

Totally agree! The A.I. is the absolute best I've experienced so far. I never experienced an A.I. that you can honestly race with like this. Now I'm also wondering if there is some "scripted" action going on. I don't know.

This is something that seems to happen at that spot alot with the AI. Oh well, even so I have to say the points you mention are on the mark. You can 3 wide with them and they know what they're doing.

Yeah this is a great game even in it's unfinished state. I haven't launched another sim in a while.

Totally agree! The A.I. is the absolute best I've experienced so far. I never experienced an A.I. that you can honestly race with like this. Now I'm also wondering if there is some "scripted" action going on. I don't know.

This is something that seems to happen at that spot alot with the AI. Oh well, even so I have to say the points you mention are on the mark. You can 3 wide with them and they know what they're doing.

Yeah this is a great game even in it's unfinished state. I haven't launched another sim in a while.

Ya the car in front of you spinning out. Seems to real to be true. Almost sometimes makes you think you are racing against real people in a lot of ways.

I'm glad they have cars making errors. See that in GSC2012 as well.

Hate mentioning Pcars, but the AI at this state in their builds are dumb as blind people spinning out and brake checking in the middle of full straights and you can't even get around the first corner without a mess all over the track. Seen the ISR guys review TDFL and watched the AI and I said to myself "Pcars bang on".

As I stated, I love racing online and if you got great AI, I enjoy that kind of racing just as much.. rF2 when it is done is gonna be killer as it in it's state right now keeps me addicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes