RF2 FFB. WTAF

You can edit the Controller.json file to reduce the jolt effects without losing anything on the FFB fidelity of the cornering forces. This will reduce the violent bump steer from road imperfections that overloads the default FFB. I ended up with the following values:

"Jolt magnitude":0.015
"Off-road multiplier":0.03
Thanks. Just to clarify, what does the negative value (ie. -2.0 to 2.0) indicate, does the negative mean a lower value, hence -2.0 is lowest, or does it represent values for wheels with 'inverted' FFB?

I'm sorry, I meant the value (in Controller.json). Is a -2.0 meaning the least, or does it just represent a 2.0 for inverted FFB?
can you copy and paste the lines you are referencing? Most of the values in the C.j that I see are like: 10000 or -10000. Roughly, negative values represent reverse ffb, but sometimes they are multipliers instead of just a raw setting.

can you copy and paste the lines you are referencing? Most of the values in the C.j that I see are like: 10000 or -10000. Roughly, negative values represent reverse ffb, but sometimes they are multipliers instead of just a raw setting.
Right.

"Jolt magnitude":0.015,
"Jolt magnitude#":"How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.",

To reduce 'Jolt'. Should I use a negative value (ie. -1.5 or -2.0), or just a positive value greater than 0 (ex. 0.015)?

ok, THANKS! the range is 'suggested' but is often mandatory, so never exceed those values(either above 2.0 or below -2.0)
0.0 would be the default setting unless testing had shown them otherwise. So if you think the JOLT on your wheel is too extreme, begin setting that to a negative value...in teeny tiny steps. You don't want to end up with a hard slam feeling like a graze.

ok, THANKS! the range is 'suggested' but is often mandatory, so never exceed those values(either above 2.0 or below -2.0)
0.0 would be the default setting unless testing had shown them otherwise. So if you think the JOLT on your wheel is too extreme, begin setting that to a negative value...in teeny tiny steps. You don't want to end up with a hard slam feeling like a graze.
So regardless of whether my wheel uses 'Inverted or not', negative (ie. -2.0) is the lowest.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.