RF2 4 months on + under/over steer + wildcard league entry

I could've started 3 different threads but thought I would keep it all nice and neat. So yes, 4 months now since I really got into RF2 and I'm still loving every moment. I still get excited starting the game up and it's now at the point that i don't touch anything else because in my opinion, nothing else compares to it. The tyre feel, ffb, the tracks cars, it's got it all and I'm now comfortable with my graphic settings which to my eyes look as good as anything else out there. You may think I'm blinkered but I've been gaming since 1978 lol and this is the best virtual driving experience I've ever had so yes I am but I don't care. I've met great people who don't worry about my standard and are quick to help me. I'm not sure how much I've improved in the last 4 months but consistency is getting better.

Under/oversteer
Even after our bootcamp session I still struggle with getting setups sorted for myself and have to revert to getting them off my kind fellow drivers. I'm currently at work researching as I want to be able to do my own setups that feel right to me. I'm reading this at the moment http://www.drivingfast.net/car-control/understeer.htm it's helpful but still confusing. I'll give you an example:
Skip Barber, I know this is a handful of a car but when I come to the corner entry, I turn the wheel and the front of the car spins off track. I'm limited to what I can control with the setup so obviously I need to adapt my driving style but this is understeer yes? but is it, is it the front spinning out or the back. To me it feels like the front wheels go. As you can see, I need a dummies guide but I think I'm learning it sometimes, maybe. could be lol

Finally, I wouldn't mind racing in some of the RF2 leagues but because of my work pattern I can't commit. Is there a chance of maybe getting a wildcard entry for a few races each season? I take part in as many club races as work allows but I need more experience of actual racing. Anyway that's it cheers for reading.

Jim

I find that a good trick in the Skip Barber is to never be completely off the pedals.

If you lift off the throttle, be on the brakes immediately. When you lift off the brakes, get back on the throttle (modulated of course). Never coast into a corner.

That way I very rarely spin it.

I find that a good trick in the Skip Barber is to never be completely off the pedals.

If you lift off the throttle, be on the brakes immediately. When you lift off the brakes, get back on the throttle (modulated of course). Never coast into a corner.

That way I very rarely spin it.
Yeah the last turn I lift off to about 10% throttle and then just modulate it through the corner to make sure I dont spin and get around the corner

Yeah, even just 5-10 percent throttle makes the difference between keeping it on the road or chugging it in the gravel. A lot of foot work is required which makes for such an interesting racing experience imo.
Through the second corner I slam the brakes on with 10% throttle and that keeps the car steady as well I find.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.