Tracks Reworked Wood 4 SimTraxx SEMETIN 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
GSMF Alien submitted a new resource:

Darker Wood 4 SimTraxx SEMETIN - darker wood

Here a darker wood texture for Semetin.

Original from: Vasek Sourek
AC Version from: SimTraxx

p.s.
It´s for the version 1.05 from the simtraxx page, it´s a absolut stunning track in VR.

I use this texture with CM / CSP and GrassFX.

Have fun and very big thanks to all people they make this track possible!

Read more about this resource...

Thank u everything related Semetin !! splendid work !
I have one question though not regarding your work, at my end the trees have so dark shadows from halfway down that they are almost black, with original textures too. any idea why ?

Normally this should be done with "normals" on 3d models, but like I read, you generate normals for one tree and then duplicate it.
But on semetin, there are more than 1 tree (i think *gg*)....means, delete all trees, make one good and then duplicate it.....but that´s crazy.

...if i make the wood darker, it´s better at this place, but uglier at other, it´s a compromise. ;)

EDIT: i could make, your problem is gone, but then, the trees look like in version 0.95, so monotonous, without brighter/darker places, for me, so it´s better.

Last edited:
Normally this should be done with "normals" on 3d models, but like I read, you generate normals for one tree and then duplicate it.
But on semetin, there are more than 1 tree (i think *gg*)....means, delete all trees, make one good and then duplicate it.....but that´s crazy.

...if i make the wood darker, it´s better at this place, but uglier at other, it´s a compromise. ;)

EDIT: i could make, your problem is gone, but then, the trees look like in version 0.95, so monotonous, without brighter/darker places, for me, so it´s better.
Of course, i was just wondering if something can be done. But yes, I understand now that it would be a huge work not worth doing. But at least your version is still better and thank you for it ! Have a nice evening.

I found a way to fix this, i "deleted" the normals and make shadings over textures (like AO baking), it looks good.
No black bottom and white top and it looks like, there are correct normals. ;)
...but it´s wip.

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 87
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
wip means work in process, if i think it's good, i will release it here. ;)
i need to check the texture of a tree on complete track and find a compromise of how it looks, because a single tree looks sometimes good, but not in combination with other trees.

Last edited:
....time expensive job...i found more strange things, but that´s my fault with "flicker fix", but now it´s really fixed. :roflmao:

another strange thing is, there are used 2 x 2k textures only for a tree trunk in collision objects (texture is full of trees, but used is only a very less part of it), so i have 4 possible textures and never know exactly, which is used (i paint it red to figure it out)....i hope there are no double used texture, one for birk and the same for fir, that would be bad.:rolleyes:

but it gets better. ;)

thanks god, there is a option in CM to fly around the track, without that it would be impossible to mod that in one life.:thumbsup:

p.s. this track at first try in VR was mind blowing for me, that´s the reason i want to fix the bugs, or make it nicer. I played much VR games (maybe everything), but this is the absolut top immersion in VR!

Last edited:
Trees are finally done (i try to hold the expression of orig trees)....i like the dark and bright.
Problem are the birch....they are bright at the bottom (coll objects) and dark at the top (texture)....texture is dark, so maybe this are old birch trees and birk trunk are darker. :whistling:

...but it´s not real, i try to make the best between, better than orig. but not 100%, so maybe i don´t know too much about trees, for me it´s impotant that it looks nice. ;)

...this weekend i´m gone for another hobby, but i think, it´s done next week.;)

....so, on monitor it´s ok( i also made this mod only on monitor), but if i testet it in VR the trees are too dark. :unsure:

i let the shading, like it is and lighten up the trees.....maybe another tree rework for VR. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• reworked-wood-mod.jpg
    reworked-wood-mod.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 59
  • VRmod-test-1.jpg
    VRmod-test-1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 55
  • VRmod-test-2.jpg
    VRmod-test-2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 59
Maybe it´s done, but actually it´s too hot for VR.

...and problem is, i have a Quest2 and with Airlink it´s like this uses a "tone mapping", so it will never the way i want, with Virtual Desktop no problem, you can deactivate it, but with Oculus, there is no option.

Mod only for Quest2/Airlink/Link, hmmmm....not really.

And bad thing is, i found another problem with this track and it has nothing to do with VR. :O_o:

so, it does not get boring.

This solves one of the biggest issues with the trees of AC! Ever thought of making this for the Okayama track mod as well? Some trees literally have white spots and some are almost pitch black :(

Of course this is just a suggestion, no, has nothing to do with my current Super GT addiction at all :D

Hehe, i wonder, this is so effective, although it´s the wrong way, but maybe for conversions the right?!

maybee i look for other tracks, but at moment this is my favourite.....i have solved 2 other problems with semetin, ....at this time you don´t know, but i found a third......like i said, not boring.

p.s. ....i´m no pro, i work like: "what you see is what you get"....but/and i see a lot. :ninja:

so...3 problems fixed, but i found a fourth, it´s also solved, but wip.

problem 1: some places with brighter grass (extrem brighter).
problem 2: some places with much darker grass, there are much difference between grass texture and track texture, you see much differences in brightness, it looks like a hard line.
problem 3: often the track is darker, than the side of the track, this problem is nearly on complete track, mainly in dark/shadow zones.
problem 4: some ugly track side textures with hard border to other textures.

...i think tomorrow it´s nearly done and i can show it in pictures. :)

so...3 problems fixed, but i found a fourth, it´s also solved, but wip.

problem 1: some places with brighter grass (extrem brighter).
problem 2: some places with much darker grass, there are much difference between grass texture and track texture, you see much differences in brightness, it looks like a hard line.
problem 3: often the track is darker, than the side of the track, this problem is nearly on complete track, mainly in dark/shadow zones.
problem 4: some ugly track side textures with hard border to other textures.

...i think tomorrow it´s nearly done and i can show it in pictures. :)
Oooooohh cant wait !! :D

Some pics of my wip...

to the pics:

1: here you see 2 problems (on the left side of the street), one is the darker tar in the middle, other is the hard line between grass an side texture.
Reason: different normals + shadermask not nice enough

2: tar in the middle looks seperatet to other tar, like on pic 1.
Reason: different normals

3: too bright grass.
Reason: bright place at ground map and grassfx uses groundcolor for it own color.

4. too dark grass.
Reason: bumpmap

5. the strange mapping of some strange issues on the track, but this is too much work, i let it like it is, or maybe i found a version of the track, who doesn't have this problem. 0.95 also have this.

at moment i try too make the shadermask little bit finer.

Attachments

• 1-ori.jpg
    1-ori.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 1-mod.jpg
    1-mod.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 2-ori.jpg
    2-ori.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 53
  • 2-mod.jpg
    2-mod.jpg