Retro: Ludwig's Zakspeed Racing Ford Capri Turbo

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Tristan Clark submitted a new blog post:

Retro: Ludwig's Zakspeed Racing Ford Capri Turbo

Today, we will reflect on an incredible image of Klaus Ludwig's Ford Capri Turbo which competed in the Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft sports car series, commonly regarded as the predecessor to modern day DTM.

The series was best known for the insanely powerful Group 5 entries with colossal body kits and high wings. The inaugural DRM championship was held in 1972; however Group 5 cars were only admitted into the series from 1977 onwards. The competition ended in 1985, with Group C...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Picture is from Oldtimer Grand Prix last year, where you could see the car in the DRM Revival :). So the driver is not Klaus Ludwig, but Peter Zakowski (the owner of Zakspeed). There's even an onboard video from the event, which is pretty insane:

It's the only operational Ford Turbo Capri in the world!

It's such a shame to realize that series like the DRM will never return again in the modern motorsport era.

Always wonder what drivers, who controlled such beasts as the Zakspeed Capri, think about drivers in modern series with their sequential shifters, floppy pedals, traction control, ABS and more

owned a tamyia scale model kit (i think 1:24) of the black version from the year before as a kid. loved those cars, my favorite one being the blue celica, piloted i think by harald ertl. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g4GynnfH0vw/TgntJzly4uI/AAAAAAAACww/NSMXUSQ8ULY/s1600/celica1.jpg
also some of the bmw 320 colour schemes were glorious. schnitzer, I think, still ran an "old" bmw 2002 in group 5 makeup, even after the 320s debuted. it looked brilliant, too.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%