Resolution is on highest and i don't get that feeling InGame

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
Few days ago i have made format to my PC and had to re-install all over again.
My mistake i did not made screenshot from the settings i had both of my video and control, since i had very big problems with the Logitech Formula Force FX which is only 90degrees wheel.

However, joined online server just to acknowledge that AC was running slow but smooth, not jumping, smooth and slow, like the BMW Z4 had 200hp only.

Went to play with the video settings, and i repaired that slow drive, i got the feeling back again but, no matter i put the resolution on the highest, i could still see some cube-lines in the distance. I am not rich with terms in english, but i think you got my point.

Does anyone have any solution for it or what do i have to change to repair this thing? It's not that bad though but, i want my old AC back.

Suggestion from my side is to select "let application decide" about AA & AF in your graphics driver control panel, then select 4xAA and 8x AF, no FXAA, ultra or high world details, disable Vsync and you'll be set.
In order to assist you more precisely, a bit of information about your system and prefered graphics settings is needed.

In fact, this is suggested by the game itself... (i've discovered that only yesterday :D)
The part about leaving the ingame quality options do the work and not force them via the drivers is actually recommended for PC games in general. Reason being the in-game quality options work more efficiently than the driver ones most of the time.
Video drivers and video API's like DirectX, Open Gl, etc are currently the bottlenecks for graphics cards. That's why, at last, Microsoft got its game on with releasing a new DirectX api soon, because they were confronted with competition a la AMD's Mantle for the first time in years.

mGYAG8j.png

pXJtk70.png

Thx, Dusko!

I looked up a few benchmarks:

CPU: link
GPU: link, link

I'm sorry to say, that your CPU is rather old/mid-range now and your GPU is really old/really low end right now.
Assetto Corsa is GPU limited in MP, and CPU limited in SP/with AI and you simply can't run it with decent graphical quality settings to make the game look good. You have to cut some big corners to play this game at a comfortable ~50/~60 fps.

Concerning SweetFX: yes, it can make the visuals seem more realistic, it does that by reducing color saturation and some other things. It works well only, if you have correctly calibrated the image your monitor delivers. SweetFX is another perfomance hog and limit your fps even further. You can reduce color saturation in the PP filter options as well.

And here is one video of how the graphics look

For me is excellent, i mean i really cannot make difference to some top high quality

But this is before, now, i think SLIGHTLY is worse due to changed video settings which i dont remember how i set

Aha, that's good info:

My recommendations are:
1) reduce world detail by 1, 2 steps
2) keep or reduce shadow resolution 1 step
3) disable smoke generation completely (slider to the left)
4) disable smoke in mirrors
5) leave pp on
6) reduce its overall quality by one step
7) increase glare quality to max
8) disable depth of field (huge fps hog)
9) You can / not must reduce color saturation a bit (5%, 10%) to make the game look more realistic
10) disable motion blur (another huge fps hog)
11) leave FXAA disabled
12) you can increase mirror resolution and enabled high quality mirror reflection -> minute performance needed
13) leave cube map and faces per frame as is or increase cube map once
the above two have high performance demands

The video
one can clearly see the edges and steps that are caused by the non existant AF and very low AF at 0:44 in Club corner. So I'd say that no, that does not look like or is close to the best and smoothest AC experience.
14) AA & AF are the two main video quality settings, after you've done 1) to 13), you can try to increase AF one or two steps.

Last edited:
Aha, that's good info:

My recommendations are:
1) reduce world detail by 1, 2 steps
2) keep or reduce shadow resolution 1 step
3) disable smoke generation completely (slider to the left)
4) disable smoke in mirrors
5) leave pp on
6) reduce its overall quality by one step
7) increase glare quality to max
8) disable depth of field (huge fps hog)
9) You can / not must reduce color saturation a bit (5%, 10%) to make the game look more realistic
10) disable motion blur (another huge fps hog)
11) leave FXAA disabled
12) you can increase mirror resolution and enabled high quality mirror reflection -> minute performance needed
13) leave cube map and faces per frame as is or increase cube map once
the above two have high performance demands

The video
one can clearly see the edges and steps that are caused by the non existant AF and very low AF at 0:44 in Club corner. So I'd say that no, that does not look like or is close to the best and smoothest AC experience.
14) AA & AF are the two main video quality settings, after you've done 1) to 13), you can try to increase AF one or two steps.

You are really good at this i believe, but for my eye :D i just cannot see those differences for me everything looks just stunning already like it is.

Thank you for the info, really helped

I did some changes but the road is smoother, the surface, i don't like that.
What should i change to get back the ground quality ? Everything else is great.

You can crank world detail back up to max, however keep in mind, that with disabled motion blur and depth of field, these two options no longer mask imperfections of the road surface.

That's why Need for speed, Drift and consorts have depth of field and huge motion blur, to mask their graphical deficiencies, to mask the laziness of the devs in some cases (my opinion).

Last edited:
Here is a great example of video quality:

Not denying there is difference, i would be dumb to say that. There is a CLEAR difference but to me it's all about the sunlight, anti-alising and those effects. I really cannot notice difference in the car texture or the track or the world.

The topic of which i was talking in the beginning now is solved thanks to you guys, i don't have those cubes in the distance so i am happy about it and it runs smooth and my CPU yet has to be overclocked, to be turned on all 5 cores, now i am running only on one, which means i will have additional power to run the game.

However its a beautiful video, is it yours?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.