Resource icon

Apps Reset car 2 track 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
wimdes submitted a new resource:

Reset car 2 track - Tiny app to enable car reset to track

Drag the file into Content Manager, then go to settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Apps and activate the app.

R key will reset the car to the track (and invalidate laptime)

To change the key you have to edit the .py file.
To use a button on the wheel you probably have to use
ac.ext_isJoystickButtonPressed(controllerIndex, buttonIndex) instead of ac.ext_isButtonPressed

Read more about this resource...

Let me add requirements:
1. only on practice/hotlap
2. track has AI line
3. this enabled in CM for CSP:
1677277034494.png

Keyboard shortcut also with this app.

Last edited:
I'd try 0 for controllerIndex, and check button numbers in windows controller settings
The nicest would be a GUI setting for the app but I don't know how to do that, haven't come across a mod with that function

Thanks for your response, I have tried using the following lines using controller index as 0, 1 , and 2 with no success, not sure on the correct formatting.
if ac.ext_isJoystickButtonPressed(controllerIndex: 0, buttonIndex: 23):
if ac.ext_isJoystickButtonPressed(0, 23):

It works awesome! Mine wasn't working at first, and it was because I didn't have CSP running. I had to go to Settings->Custom Shaders Patch->Extensions->GENERAL PATCH SETTINGS and have Shaders Patch extension checked Active

It is great to have this feature now. I know I wanted to have it before. Awesome to see new things like this. I like having it on Lake Louise.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what problem I'm having but I can't get the R button to do anything. It seemed to install correctly, showed up in apps, and I enabled it. I enabled the CSP AI extension.
EDIT: I didn't even have CSP running. I didn't have 'Shaders Patch' extension checked Active in Custom Shaders Patch settings->Extensions->GENERAL PATCH SETTINGS. GAH
So it's working now?

Hi, any chance of a version that can work in LAN races? I would love to use this in my sim centre to help newer players get back into races quicker when they mess up. Is there any alternative version or could I pay someone to mod the mod? Thanks.

Hello, I downloaded the mod, installed it, checked the requirements and I'm meeting them all, I've already activated it in Python Apps and I can't use it.

I read all the questions and answers on the forum to see if I encountered any similar problems and I couldn't understand much even when translating them into my native language.

What I did: I installed it, went to the settings and activated it in Python Apps, checked if CSP was active and it was, I entered the game, went to the track, moved the mouse to the sidebar and I couldn't find the app as I usually do with any mod I install.

I saw that in some answers above they were saying that the teleport button went to a key on the keyboard, I went looking and didn't find anything either, what do I need to do to activate the app and create the return points on the track I want to learn?

Thank you for your attention.

Edit:
I called a colleague on discord and he helped me understand, there were some wrong translations here, I just had to press R and the car would return as if it were a perfect hotlap in reverse on the track, despite it not being exactly what I wanted (a teleport), it will work for my purpose, which is to learn a track and return to specific points to learn the braking references without having to use the lines, just returning several times to the point where I want by holding R! The mod is very good, perhaps the name "Flashback" would suit my understanding better, as it is very reminiscent of the system from the arcade games GRID, GRID 2 and Forza Horizon, in any case it is good and working, congratulations on the mod created!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies