request for help

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
Hi
I have been running Rfactor on a laptop and recently bought a dedicated gaming Desktop PC.
I had a few mods installed including: F1SR 2012, F1SR 1991, F1SR GP2, Historic X, ORSM, WTM.
The Game data file was 26Gig.

The technique I used to keep all my mods and data was to make a clean install and then any files that I noticed had modded content I copied straight over (replaced) the downloaded file.

I think I must have made a mistake in how I handled the process/file transfers as whenever I start the game regardless of which series or car I select I find myslef arriving at Monaco in the F!SR 1991 Mod. (the last race I did). I have tried changing series and then re starting RFactor.

I'm wondering if anyone has any hints as to where I should look first for any anomolies. Otherwise I guess I need to take both computers and start at the first files and compare and contrast file structure and content and there are quite a few!
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

David

OK I have solved this issue by researching FAQs at Rfactor.net.

It was a Windows 7 issue. Windows sets some strange parameters fopr access to files and will move some user data out of the RFactor folder.
If you run Windows 7 with this game you need to read the FAQs throroughly.
In essence its required to
1) Right click on RFactor folder and edit permissions to allow all the user to edit etc etc.
2) Exclude the RFactor folder from your securty program settings.
3) Preferably run the RFactor exe as administrator.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%