Track: Mid Ohio: Download here
Club Racing MOD: Download here
Weather: Dry

Time Schedule
20:00 GMT Practice
20:30 GMT Qualification
20:40 GMT Warm-up
20:45 GMT Race (20 laps)

Click here to see when the event starts in you timezone.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Subscribe to this thread: click here

MOD Installation.
To join this event, you need to download the custom mod above. The MOD MUST be installed to join the server.
To install, follow these steps.

- Install Mid Ohio (UNtick the box Show Mods Only)
- Install the Mod (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Meganes @ Mid Ohio Test)
- Join the online server RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TEST

Notes:
  1. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  2. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  3. We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
  4. Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.
Sign-up list:
  1. Peter Nickells
  2. Lee Ross
  3. Marco Bijl
  4. Andy White
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that did not went well ;)

First try.
Chased Andy, who had a good pace I could not keep up, and ended up with a slider into the wall, just before the pits. It seemed ok, but it wasnt. Decided to go and pit, but on the straigh, I have made close contact with some hai :) Made me fly a lot. Race over.

There was more going on, so we decided to restart.

Second try.
Start went ok. Could manage to hold my position for a few laps, but again, slid off, and just touched the wall. Needed repairs. Long stop, but as Andy somewhere made a mistake as well, he had to do the same sort of stop, and we ended right behind each other again. After 2 laps, I missed my braking point second to last corner, and slid into the pit entry. While looking for the pit request button, I smashed into the rail there. Again long repair.
Went out again, with everyone lapped me at least once, Andy even three times. Got distracted, hit the wall straigt on.

Not so good race evening for me ;)

It was a good race and I would have come last, so next time, don't deny me my rightful place. My first race and it was fun but I can't see how I can make up those 5-9 secs/lap. Learn to drive I guess!

Enjoyable night, even though there were only a few of us.

Qualified in 1st place, (afternoon practice paid off). Managed to bog down at the start of the first race and came under pressure into T1. Eased a bit of a gap out on the first lap. Then I think on the 2nd lap I noticed there was only 2 of us in the race. Fortunately Paul was on TS, so we decided to pit and see what was happeneing. We exited the race and had a restart.

Had a better start second time around and held my first place nicely. Kept squeezing the gap a little bit more each lap and then.........I dunno if it was thinking about the pit stop I was planning, but managed to have a lapse in concentration and after a trip across the grass, glanced the barrier. Decided I would pit on that lap being as I still had a decent gap. Didn't expect the bodywork damage to take 52 seconds, added to fuel and tyres I was in the pits for over a minute.

I exited the pits just infront of Marco, so the pressure was back on. Sadly Marco had troubles with his car and I started to open up a gap again until his unfortunate retire. Held on until the end without any events, and finished first (all be it a couple of laps up).

Still had a good time, even with the low turn out. Cheers for the race guys. :)

It was fun definitely, I need to swap from the crappy fuel my pit crew keeps handing out though, to some of Andy's, he was flying... clearly had 30 mins more practice then me at least ;)

Had a few close-up experiences with hay bales and a wall or 2 resulting in 2 lengthy pitstops and a crab kind of walk crawl over the finishing line a few laps down to boot.

Well done for sticking it out guys...

@Marco: maybe a suggestion is to turn down the damage multiplier in future online races during this build or until hay is made a little softer, it seems a little hard at present. Hitting a hay bale at low speed should not result in a bent steering rack at low speed impacts... in my opinion of course!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.