Remove pits speed limit?

The only way I know how to do it is in the data folder in SURFACES file, take out the small key section called PITS or PIT type names. Only thing doing this you loose your highlighted PIT stall if you are doing online and not being able to do valid pit stops. There are no other options in the game track wise to disable the pit speed limiter that I know of.

There might be something in the car mods also to disable, but I am not familiar with doing cars. I have just some tracks. Cause I have seen some cars ignore the pit limiter.

I have found a file called surfaces.ini, for instance in content/tracks/spa/data/ If I edit it, the only line I see I could use is IS_PITLANE=1. I've tried changing it to to IS_PITLANE=0, but the speed limits keeps on working on that track.

Not sure why that doesn't remove the limiter speed. Try removing that whole section(lines of code) that had the PITLANE=1. What was the name of the KEY name?
It should be something in that SURFACES file that is turning on the limiter. I will check one of my tracks to verify.
Unless the KN5 file that surface name that has been set to PITS or PIT still enables the limiter no matter what. I will check that also.

Last edited:
OK I tried it on one of my tracks and just by changing PITLANE=0 and it should disable the limiter speed for the pit area. It worked for me.
Make sue there is not more than one PITLANE=1 in SURFACES file.

Note: I have noticed a few car mods that I have dont slow down in the pits when PITLANE=1, so there may be car mods that slow down no mater what the settings. Not sure though.

My question is what car mod and track are you using? Try testing track with several different cars with PITLANE=0, use some of the cars that come with original game. There may be overriding features in the car mod that might control limiter speeds, not sure, cause I dont do cars.

There is nothing else in the game settings that deals with the pit limiter speeds.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.