Release date on the URD M8?

"It should be released in the time you watched this video"...
No fault on 604... last minute tuning is what it is ;)
If you play the video and dont watch, just listen - theres that crackle or underlying static sound (like a hot mic) *again*, that is heard in the '18 T5's.

I Just don't understand why its now back, it was a gripe for myself and some others in the T5's. I know - there's un burnt fuel hence crackling, etc. but it just sounds wrong. And when you get 20 of the same cars in replay (at least in the T5's) its just a loud crackling fest, to the point of distortion.

But bring on the Big Boi.

I thought the sound you are describing was the anti lag system at work which I would expect to hear?

I thought the sound you are describing was the anti lag system at work which I would expect to hear?

Thats exactly it (0:46 mark but 3:20 really is it), but from what I know (maybe wrong) is its unburned, or dumped fuel to the manifold on downshift, throttle roll off, lift off hence the crackling. So glad you found that video. Not gonna steer this OT from the M8 to the T5's.

But that is the exact sound I'm referring too. Now take that and multiply that by fifteen in a replay, its a crackle, distortion fest, especially on a high end audio room.
Talked last winter to the audio guy at URD and it was implied a 'clipped' of spikes adjustment would possibly come, but it didn't come to fruition.

I understand getting the audio dead right (2018 /URD Porsche 911 RSR, sound by ACFAN is the most accurate, beautiful sound of any car in AC) is ideal.

But if on the PC side, that leads just to massive distortion in the sounds of clipping,popping and sounds exactly like massive distortion - possibly cut those spikes/peaks out in the hz or remove it all together.

Last edited:
Looks pretty rushed to me. LODs look particularly poor (LOD B tyres have holes in them, LOD D is just a total mess with about 30x too many objects, LR cockpit doesn't match up at all with the main one, etc.), though the main model doesn't seem 'paymod' quality either (imo it should match/exceed kunos quality stuff, and no I dont mean the early 2014 cars).
Even the texture work isn't great, which would be acceptable if it was really well optimised for league racing or whatever but its not. It uses over 115mb worth of texture between the kn5 (67mb iirc, and no that doesn't count skins and stuff considering they have used tiny 512px ones), and then the skins are a whopping 50mb each...

I get there are other factors too which make up a mod, but IMO to charge money for it you should be aiming far higher in them all.

Looks pretty rushed to me. LODs look particularly poor (LOD B tyres have holes in them, LOD D is just a total mess with about 30x too many objects, LR cockpit doesn't match up at all with the main one, etc.), though the main model doesn't seem 'paymod' quality either (imo it should match/exceed kunos quality stuff, and no I dont mean the early 2014 cars).
Even the texture work isn't great, which would be acceptable if it was really well optimised for league racing or whatever but its not. It uses over 115mb worth of texture between the kn5 (67mb iirc, and no that doesn't count skins and stuff considering they have used tiny 512px ones), and then the skins are a whopping 50mb each...

I get there are other factors too which make up a mod, but IMO to charge money for it you should be aiming far higher in them all.
We have allways done our own quality. Its more than needed actually. Just becase you add more polys or bit more details it doesnt mean its higher quality. We have never build render models but they should look and behave good on track and that is what we do.
The price for that is just right, it covers the expenses, taxes and other fees and im just left a bit of that to have food and payed bills.
Payed content can be in different price tags, if you do a higher model and you think its worth more than you make a higher price.
Textures sizes are for a reason i chose them have the best look and get rid of the dds issues.
4k textures are no issues and can be for league uses easy resized but so or so they do their own liveries mostly.
Lods for sure will get more work but overall from my test in over 10years in gaming they work same as any other super duper made model, you dont see them...
I have allways sayed I or we at URD are not the best but we do our best and exactly what is needed.

Last edited:
you dont see them anyway...
I see them
f7ffdf030b73c8fe296ad48abebe7865.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/f7ffdf030b73c8fe296ad48abebe7865.mp4

We have allways done our own quality. Its more than needed actually. Just becase you add more polys or bit more details it doesnt mean its higher quality.

Its all relative - yes, more doesn't always mean better (we can see that with the extraordinary amount of textures you've used, yet visually it doesn't reflect that). So whilst yes I agree, going crazy with tri counts isn't necessary, I expect something to look great if its using an obscene amount of texture space - it doesn't, which says to me its not particularly well managed in terms of UVs etc.

Last edited:
How does it not? Try it sometimes. Ive done enough tests around that and it makes big differente.
Right, so what you are saying is you can visually justify using 67mb worth of textures on the kn5 alone, and another 50mb per skin?

Thats 3-4x the amount on a Kunos car. So what you're saying is its 3-4x better visually than that.

I dont see it. Not at all.

unknown.png

Screenshot_urd_bayro_egt_2018_bikernieki_2-10-119-17-6-18.jpg

I'm not saying these things are particularly awful per say, but this is the kinda stuff I expect to see when people are sticking to around 30mb of textures total, not nearing 120mb.

Right, so what you are saying is you can visually justify using 67mb worth of textures on the kn5 alone, and another 50mb per skin?

Thats 3-4x the amount on a Kunos car. So what you're saying is its 3-4x better visually than that.

I'm not saying these things are particularly awful per say, but this is the kinda stuff I expect to see when people are sticking to around 30mb of textures total, not nearing 120mb.
again im using some stuff in different ways, you just pointed the textures out that barely take any size.
What is wrong with 4k skins in that size? Again it can be resized down easy and again none of what you pointed out now does reflect the size you complain here.
I dont really care about Kunos cars. We do our own stuff in our own way and it works just perfectly.

Again it can be resized down easy and again none of what you pointed out now does reflect the size you complain here.

I'm saying when you are using nearly 120mb of texture space (a proper 4k skin should take up just 16mb), you have over 100mb to ensure the rest of the model is textured to an incredibly high standard.

Again, for a normal free mod I expect people to do as they please. But in my opinion (and it is just that, an opinion), I feel creators of paymods should be taking more care to ensure their mods are properly optimised.

Simply put, this mod could look equally as good using way less than half the textures space. So to my mind its not something I'd be willing to spend money on again, I just expect a bit more.

Last edited:
Just becase you add more polys or bit more details it doesnt mean its higher quality. We have never build render models but they should look and behave good on track and that is what we do.
The price for that is just right, it covers the expenses, taxes and other fees and im just left a bit of that to have food and payed bills.
Payed content can be in different price tags, if you do a higher model and you think its worth more than you make a higher price.

Wow, what happened to URD? That is a strange stance to have, "We have never build render models but they should look and behave good on track and that is what we do."

So your standards are, if it behaves good its good enough? RSS doesn't have this attitude, neither does VRC. If your going to charge people and in your mind is, 'as long as it behaves good' is sad.

RSS does everything right, everything is pushed for maximum value for the customer and there level of detail is like no other - None.

This is what URD has fallen to? Shame...
Again, RSS doesn't have the philosophy of well, if it behaves good its good enough.
wallhaven-5w3v13.png

I dont really care about Kunos cars. We do our own stuff in our own way and it works just perfectly.
Maybe I'm totally off, but didn't you make the C7R for Kunos back in the day? Or rather what was called URD back then? No idea if its the same guys still. Anyway that is a weird statement regarding this.

It looks like an amateur job, honestly. To think you're charging 4 euros for it is a little bit offensive really, considering other modding groups charge less for much more.
Is-ought fallacy, but that’s capitalism.

Don’t have the car, but IMO people can charge what they want for content. Those that buy it early run the risk of being disappointed. Ultimately the quality will likely shift sales figures anyway.

Compare this with what I posted above. This is what standards look like when you have mind set greater than, 'well as long as it behaves good (then its good enough). When did URD drop their standards?
RSS - Fit, finish,detail and 'behaves better than good'.

wallhaven-lmdxer.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea