GT Sport Red Bull Ring and New Cars Added in Latest GT Sport Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport 2.jpg GT Sport 3.jpg GT Sport 4.jpg GT Sport 5.jpg GT Sport 6.jpg GT Sport 7.jpg
GT Sport has been updated again, and with it comes some nice new content in the form of the Red Bull Ring and eight new cars...

Hands up I'll admit it, GT Sport has progressed so much further than I ever expected it to in the last few months, adding so much more content, features and improvements than I certainly ever expected when the game launched back in October 2017.

For August the latest update adds the Austrian Red Bull Ring as a much needed new real world location, plus eight iconic cars of very different origins and performance characteristics.

As well as the main content additions, the new build also adds three new GT Sport events in the form of the Beetle & Samba Bus Fest (Beginner League), Group 3 Cup (Amateur League) and the Nostalgic 1979 (Professional League). Other highlights include "circuit experience" and "scape" updates, historic career rankings and internet connection features.

The cars added to GT Sport as part of the August update can be seen below:
  • Ford Mark IV Race Car ’67
  • Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé ‘64
  • Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
  • Abarth 500 ‘09
  • Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 ‘52
  • Volkswagen 1200 ‘66
  • Mini-Cooper ‘S’ ‘65
  • Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione ‘91

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new update yet? Are you looking forward to the future of GT Sport? Is the game matching your expectations so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I guess it depends on a lot of things.

Forcing people to play online and really do anything online for me is a massive no no.
The updating system is a joke, why you have to totally uninstall and reinstall the game numerous times is beyond me, when it was not the case before on Sony games and hasn't ever been the case on PC.

I will never pay for online play on consoles, and anyone that does is a little odd in my view. You are being charged for doing something that has no need to be charged for, and given a bunch of second rate nonsense that you can't keep as some sort of reward for this. Why, coz, someone said you had to and you rolled over like Hindu cows> Well done, great precedent you set for everyone now, idiots.

Oh and you are "allowed" to play your half completed games online, but don't worry as DLC will be released soon that will take you overall cost to well over 80 credits.

Fair play to Kaz, at least he released a half finished game and does not charge for DLC or the content that should have been there from the start.

But this seems to be the way you people like your games now? God only knows why, but you cant blame the devs, you guys are so stupidly easy to make money from lol!

AS far as GTS is concerned it is a very average game, poor AI gameplay, woeful and the worst damage system ever made. Pathetic penalty detection, (the earlier games were better).

Good bits, are the painting section, the liveries, the well put together ness of the thing. Thats about it.

The AI for one could have been much more improved, and it has, so little, but they don't even compete with the 10 year old sims on PC. GT Sport is in many ways not upto scratch (Except maybe the graphics and Scapes) and not worth the effort, it is just not very rewarding as a game either.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.3%