GT Sport Red Bull Ring and New Cars Added in Latest GT Sport Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport 2.jpg GT Sport 3.jpg GT Sport 4.jpg GT Sport 5.jpg GT Sport 6.jpg GT Sport 7.jpg
GT Sport has been updated again, and with it comes some nice new content in the form of the Red Bull Ring and eight new cars...

Hands up I'll admit it, GT Sport has progressed so much further than I ever expected it to in the last few months, adding so much more content, features and improvements than I certainly ever expected when the game launched back in October 2017.

For August the latest update adds the Austrian Red Bull Ring as a much needed new real world location, plus eight iconic cars of very different origins and performance characteristics.

As well as the main content additions, the new build also adds three new GT Sport events in the form of the Beetle & Samba Bus Fest (Beginner League), Group 3 Cup (Amateur League) and the Nostalgic 1979 (Professional League). Other highlights include "circuit experience" and "scape" updates, historic career rankings and internet connection features.

The cars added to GT Sport as part of the August update can be seen below:
  • Ford Mark IV Race Car ’67
  • Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé ‘64
  • Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
  • Abarth 500 ‘09
  • Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 ‘52
  • Volkswagen 1200 ‘66
  • Mini-Cooper ‘S’ ‘65
  • Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione ‘91

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new update yet? Are you looking forward to the future of GT Sport? Is the game matching your expectations so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Great if it didnt take bloody hours to install and download the stupid thing.

Why cant they just patch for Gods sake instead of uninstalling and reinstalling tens of gigs of data.

Pthetic game design if you ask me

Why cant they just patch for Gods sake instead of uninstalling and reinstalling tens of gigs of data.

you don't know what all else gets updated, I don't think they would just add things in there for fun! to make their files bigger , they are not modders who measure quality of their mod based on filesize :D

anyhow, good update, although I'm not terribly fond of any of the cars included, would love to see more racecars in future update

Usually because updates for GT Sport mean ADDING NEW CONTENT, maybe. And what sucks is probably your internet connection, not game design or Polyphony releasing DLCs. That's actually a reason for joy for most people.

Meanwhile in Project Cars 2, not a patch or dlc released in 3 months... :roflmao:
Ferrari patch coming on Sept...and that will be it...I think...end of the Game..I wish I am wrong and SMS has surprises planned for us..but highly unlikely... I wonder what Tracks will come with it..Mugello or Fiorano probably....
PC2 still needs loads of Road cars

No but I can read and from general comments it is lacking to sims mentioned in the threads and more closely aligned with Forza7 which I have

If Forza and GT ( in PC) had best physics and controllers would be only titles I would buy

That better ;)

No but I can read and from general comments it is lacking to sims mentioned in the threads and more closely aligned with Forza7 which I have

If Forza and GT ( in PC) had best physics and controllers would be only titles I would buy

That better ;)

In my opinion the handling in GT Sport is something between iRacing and rFactor 2.

PS. Making cars harder to drive than in real e.g. Assetto Corsa, doesn't mean that others are not sims. For me the handling feels kinda real in GTS :)

In my opinion the handling of GT Sport is something between slipping in a pile of dog **** and getting up off the ground covered in dog ****.

Not to take away from your opinion my friend, we all have one.

IMO, GTSport physics is one of my biggest let downs in recent memory. What people confuse with driving physics and driving feeling, they are definitely not the same, but people often confuse them. The GT series really has progressed very little in physics compared to what it should have. It still has a certain feeling, but even that has really been butchered in some ways. And that's coming from someone who has played every game since Gran Turismo 3 on the ps2. I've clocked more hours than I'd like to admit. GT Sport has really gone all-in on the casual gamer route rather than living up to it's name. It has features but is a master of none. Perhaps the Scapes mode is it's best executed feature.
So if you've ever wanted some of the best car photography in a current console game, GT Sport is it.

Last edited:
Watching my son play it I'm astonished. It is so beautiful, the replays and photography look so real.
I respect Polyphony Digital and don't think anyone can touch them in art quality.
I just can't drive it.
A YouTube personality nailed it when he said "It feels like I'm driving around with bars of soap as tires.

Is it any good though?
yep, depends on your view but for me personally it's one of the best racing games - thanks to the immersion

you have so much life around tracks, including people walking around, photographers taking photos of cars passing by ( if they are timed right ... hehe)
marshalls waving flags, LED boards showing flags as well, guy with checkerflag on your last lap, and with white flag on your last lap on oval tracks I think

all of this with livery editor, including livery for your driver suit

if you don't do the "arcade " race, you also have a proper qualify + race sessions

and visually it's from another world, compared to anything that's currently released

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back