Recommended Button Assignments for a Formula Style wheel

NetLawMan

Premium
Hi.
I have a Fanatec 2.5x wheel and now a Cube Controls FPro. I am wondering if there is an ideal default layout of which functions to assign to which buttons ,dials , knobs and switches. For example, what is the ideal button to assign DRS to. In another example, which dials or knobs should I assign ERS, brake bias, engine mapping, ABS, and TC?

I know it’s personal, but it is also overwhelming. Even if there is a default that is used in real race cars, maybe that is a good start.

I am interested for both formula 1 and GT3. Any help would be appreciated.

Are the button not already pre-labeled?

For the pics I've seen of the F-PRO, the buttons all have labels in place. Like the DRS button is the purple one third from bottom, left side. I'd just map them to match what is already labeled.

cube-controls-fpro-front.png

Hi. They are not prelabeled. You have to apply stickers
I would put all the buttons you need to access in the heat of the moment with both hands on the wheel towards the top such as drs or push to pass, and the work towards the bottom of your wheel in terms of usage, so have things like ignition and visor tear off towards the bottom as you would use those much less, for thumb encoders you should be covered and just place things where its most comfy for you, I would put brake bias and entry diff on the two upper thumb encoders as I change those quite often.

To be completely honest it is mostly personal preference, I would just go into whatever car you use most and drive it and see what you need to adjust most often and go from there.

Hope this helps!

Just dont put pit limiter in a place you may hit it by accident. If you have no idea then look at the layout of something you want to drive often, eg lmp or formula.

You will end up changing it over time as you get used to it anyhow, E.g. you may have BB on a roatary and then decide you want it on a left and right button to free up the rotary for some game interface selection or whatever.

Thanks everyone. Did some assignments this weekend. I have a button box for pc-related functions, as well as engine start, ignition, pit, dashboard changes, etc.

For my Formula 1 (cube controls F-Pro), I think I need the following, but I am not deep enough in the game to know which ones I will likely use how frequently.

Your suggestions would be appreciated. Which functions do you assign to thumb rotaries, regular dials, buttons, switches, and funky switches?

[note this is for F1, AMS2, and ACC]

DRS
Overtake
Wipers
Headlights
Flash headlights
Voice and/or radio
Traction control
ABS
Engine Map
Brake bias
Fuel Mix
ERS
[any others?]

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Did some assignments this weekend. I have a button box for pc-related functions, as well as engine start, ignition, pit, dashboard changes, etc.

For my Formula 1 (cube controls F-Pro), I think I need the following, but I am not deep enough in the game to know which ones I will likely use how frequently.

Your suggestions would be appreciated. Which functions do you assign to thumb rotaries, regular dials, buttons, switches, and funky switches?

[note this is for F1, AMS2, and ACC]

DRS
Overtake
Wipers
Headlights
Flash headlights
Voice and/or radio
Traction control
ABS
Engine Map
Brake bias
Fuel Mix
ERS
[any others?]

Thanks in advance!!!
Thanks, another question.
I want to buy it , I’m concern about the “funky Switch “ its possible to do it with the FPro?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.