RDWSR 2: Wikström Sends A Message

Jan Wikström made a big statement at the opening round of RaceDepartment’s World Series by Renault on Saturday evening. The twisty Mid-Ohio circuit in America was the host of the first race of the season, and an extremely slippery surface greeted the 24 car field. Marsal Bonet dominated the qualifying session, putting in a blistering 1min 32.1, 8 tenths of a second faster than the closest challenger, Jan Wikström, who set a 1.32.9. However, it would be Wikström who would have the last laugh, holding off a spirited challenge from Davy Vandevenne to take victory by just a tenth of a second.

In a scintillating start to the season, the podium was separated by less than a second after 45 minutes of racing, with Craig Booth taking third position after qualifying in sixth. Finishing 8 seconds off the lead was RDMCC Season 6 champion Jimi Hughes, followed by Miroslav Davidovic, George Martiou and Guiseppe Di Vita, all of whom managed to finish on the lead lap. Vinicius Ferreira was the biggest mover in the field, making a fantastic recovery to finish 8th after qualifying in 21st position.

Jan Wikström- (Qualified 2nd, Finished 1st)

I decided to give it all no matter what, and managed to stay really close behind trying to stress Davy a bit. Then, just as the 1min board came, in the last corner he slid wide losing momentum up on the start finish line allowing me to retake P1

Craig Booth- (Qualified 6th, Finished 3rd)

The 2 drivers in front had some fun, which let me stay with them during the race and we all finished within 1 second of each other at the finish.”

Steve Travers-(Qualified 13th, Finished 13th)

I had a very clean race and 10 minutes in I was up to a very comfortable 7th which I was happy with. But I made a big error when I hit a curb and rolled. Had 100 seconds of damage but got it fixed and rejoined, then a lap later did the exact same thing!! Couldn't believe it!! So I pitted again and had another 100 seconds of damage to repair”.

Kevin McDonald- (Qualified 19th, Finished 18th)

A pretty short race for me tonight, did a barrel roll 20 minutes in then wrecked my car in a small haystack as Scott Webber will confirm”.

Xavier De Carvalho- (Qualified 4th, Finished 21st)

Dreadful race for me. Messed it up into turn 1, completely my fault, don't know what I was thinking, thinking I could make it 3 wide into turn 1".

The next round of the RDWSR will take place at the magnificent Croft circuit in North Yorkshire. Can Wikström make it two in a row? Will Vandevenne hit back? Who else has yet to show their hand? Keep track of all the action in the RDWSR forums. See you at Croft!
View the Post on the Blog

Sorry to be a pain, but I believe no-one in the top 4 pitted, I certainly didnt in P4, and I was in touch with the leaders though the whole race, no-one stopped in front of me.

Great write up btw, and congrats again to the podium finishers

They might Bram, but i'm racing with TBR and have done so for long, but maby my win sent thrills all the way into the Blue Flaggers team also :)
shame.jpg

I am out ::roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes