RDRC S5 Round 1 - Rally de Monaco (2nd - 5th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys myself and my teammates went to start ss1 and the game crashes when launching the monte carlo mod? does anybody know what the issue is? also can we change to a later time slot if possibe?

hi guys myself and my teammates went to start ss1 and the game crashes when launching the monte carlo mod? does anybody know what the issue is? also can we change to a later time slot if possibe?
Yes, as mentioned probably 400 times in the last 5 seasons, you can drive in whichever session you want, or several sessions. The one you record your first split time in is the one that will count.

3.4 - Re-Runs

A driver does NOT have to compete in the session they first nominate for, however, once the drivers FIRST SPLIT time is registered their results from THAT session will stand. This means that if a driver experiences a server problem between logging in and starting the first stage they can join another session without penalty. However, once they cross the first split marker in the first stage that session will be the one used as their official time. Should a driver experience computer, server or driver issues they should continue the event for as long as they can as they will not be permitted a restart and may still be able to gain points for the championship.

3.5 - A driver may compete in multiple sessions for practice, however the results from ONLY the first session they record a time in will be taken as official.

Start -- the main aim tonight is to finish my first round at RD with no dnf's , ok thats a massive aim given the conditions of the route but ill try and im not looking forward to foron , its a tough stage

SS1 - France - Bisanne -- ok that went better than i thought , just keep calm :O_o:

SS2 - France - Joux Plane -- wow that was slippery , i ran out of steering lock once so had to jab the handbrake to do a 360 then carry on

SS3 - France - Foron Snow -- oh that wasn't too bad,few slides into barriers near the end, 6 seconds off Emil
Service
SS4 - France - Bisanne -- this run through it felt as if i had dry tarmac tyres on compared to ss1:)

SS5 - France - Joux Plane -- i almost lost the car into trees half way through then had a spin near the end , stuck it in reverse to spin around and the front wheel caught a tree so i have damaged suspension for the next 2 stages , going to take it easy

SS6 - France - Foron Snow -- i had dropped 4 seconds to Emil by split 2 then i slid into another barrier and the steering seemed a lot better so managed to pull back a bit of time and finish 0.45 seconds ahead of him ..cant wait for service crew to fix this damage :rolleyes:

SS7 - France - Cote d'Arbroz -- 1 scary moment on that stage but all ok in the end
Service
SS8 - Slovakia - Peklo Snow -- went ok , i clipped a tyre which caused a half spin and a stall, nothing major , maybe 5 seconds lost

SS9 - France - Joux Verte -- this ds3 has really made me mad , i stalled on a hairpin and it just would not restart, unbelievable, its so frustrating when i was doing so well , i tried for 4minutes to try restart the car but gave up and retired

SS10 - Slovakia - Mlynky Snow -- went ok......
Service
SS11 - Slovakia - Peklo Snow -- good stage

SS12 - France - Joux Verte -- think it was ok time

SS13 - Slovakia - Mlynky Snow -- 1 spin mid stage
SS14 - France - Cote d'Arbroz -POWER STAGE -- buggered that up on last corner

well that did go to plan but im still really annoyed with that dnf as it was in no way my fault.. but ill get over it and come back for the next rally]

thankyou guys for putting on such a great event

thanks god it over. as planned i had no retirement or CFH only went into some spectators on one of my unfavorite stage. but all in all i finished.. third overall in EU2 not bad for my less favored surface.. good luck to everyone

Edit: there are some guys who were sooo Fast Pribanic if it wasnt for a misfortune a good place was for him. damn. now lets wait for some pure snow action. practice is important for sure.

Service
SS8 - Slovakia - Peklo Snow -- went ok , i clipped a tyre which caused a half spin and a stall, nothing major , maybe 5 seconds lost

SS9 - France - Joux Verte -- this ds3 has really made me mad , i stalled on a hairpin and it just would not restart, unbelievable, its so frustrating when i was doing so well , i tried for 4minutes to try restart the car but gave up and retired
You're probably aware, but just to make sure; any damage taken carries over to the next stage, until the next service. SS9 DNF might have been caused by damage on SS8.

EDIT:
No i didnt , is that a problem Ole?
Just checked the changelog, and nothing affecting your car has been changed. Some N4_S2000_2 car changes only.
It is mandatory on official rallyesim championships starting from next week, so no real need for it now.

You're probably aware, but just to make sure; any damage taken carries over to the next stage, until the next service. SS9 DNF might have been caused by damage on SS8.

EDIT:

Just checked the changelog, and nothing affecting your car has been changed. Some N4_S2000_2 car changes only.
It is mandatory on official rallyesim championships starting from next week, so no real need for it now.

yes im aware of that Senad , the rear end caught the tyre but ive killed a engine before by hitting a tree with the rear end of the car so anythings possible on RBR so maybe you are correct

A bad start of the season and rally for me. On the first stage i manage to hit a tree right after the finish of the stage and killed the engine, i try to start in the next stage but no....it was just to retire....and the rally was destroyed.
Go to stage 3 and i hit a wall i the village where it's nearly flat out and stopped the wrong way....in the end of the stage i hit the hay bale in the last corner and the car rolled on to the roof....CFH.
On ss 6 i hit the same wall again..... did a 360 this time and could go on.....

The rest of the rally was ok for me and my team mate Craig was on a good run....well done:thumbsup:
You save the team!!

Thanks for a good rally all.

Lot of surprises for me, some good, some bad, but overall I'm very happy with my event :)

First surprise, as soon as I joined the rally, I realized the first time at Joux Verte and Mlynky was going to be at night. Didn't look at that in the event info and hadn't practised at all.

For the first time at Bisanne I didn't have any reference with the rest of the drivers, only from Ross and Norman, so I just made my stage, which was much cleaner than during practice and when the time appeared, surprise again to see myself very close to Emil and not far from Arwyn.
Next stage at Joux Plane was good as well but close to the end I scratched a wall and made a 360, also after a long straight, followed by a very tight right-left section, I had warned the co-driver to call that right corner soon, and he did, but I still braked late and crashed against the wooden guard rail. Luckily I didn't kill the engine and could go on.
First time at Foron was quit good, until I crossed the village and did a 360 again.

Second time in those stages was as perfect as it could be, had a lot of confidence with the co-driver and the car and I was in the top of the session.

Then I reached the night stages, Peklo was fine and at Joux Verte I had another surprise when I was going to load my setup for Monte Carlo wet stages, as I only had my snow setup available (I have to read the event announcement very carefully next time :sleep: ) However that was probably a good thing as it was easier to drive than in MonteCarlo wet conditions. First time at Mlynky was fine, although I was careful.

And just the last sector ahead, everything was going well until the downhill section of JouxVerte, a fast left curve just before a left hairpin. I knew it was there but attacked too much and almost rolled the car, luckily it stayed on its four wheels, with just a little steering damage, which was a greater danger in the Mlynky stage, but I could save it well. Last time at Cote d'Arbroz I just drove to the end. Probably lost 10-15 secs because of the steering but I can't really complain.

Last surprise when I saw I finished the session in P1! Now I did my part and just wait for the others. Good racing in the stages they finished with Emil, Ross and Arwyn but a bit of consitency and luck was on my side ;)

Thanks a lot to the orginizers, and also to WorkerBees for his co-driver application, really, really had a huge impact on my driving tonight, I wouldn't have been so consistent without it.

Looking forward to the results and next event!

Lot of surprises for me, some good, some bad, but overall I'm very happy with my event :)

First surprise, as soon as I joined the rally, I realized the first time at Joux Verte and Mlynky was going to be at night. Didn't look at that in the event info and hadn't practised at all.

For the first time at Bisanne I didn't have any reference with the rest of the drivers, only from Ross and Norman, so I just made my stage, which was much cleaner than during practice and when the time appeared, surprise again to see myself very close to Emil and not far from Arwyn.
Next stage at Joux Plane was good as well but close to the end I scratched a wall and made a 360, also after a long straight, followed by a very tight right-left section, I had warned the co-driver to call that right corner soon, and he did, but I still braked late and crashed against the wooden guard rail. Luckily I didn't kill the engine and could go on.
First time at Foron was quit good, until I crossed the village and did a 360 again.

Second time in those stages was as perfect as it could be, had a lot of confidence with the co-driver and the car and I was in the top of the session.

Then I reached the night stages, Peklo was fine and at Joux Verte I had another surprise when I was going to load my setup for Monte Carlo wet stages, as I only had my snow setup available (I have to read the event announcement very carefully next time :sleep: ) However that was probably a good thing as it was easier to drive than in MonteCarlo wet conditions. First time at Mlynky was fine, although I was careful.

And just the last sector ahead, everything was going well until the downhill section of JouxVerte, a fast left curve just before a left hairpin. I knew it was there but attacked too much and almost rolled the car, luckily it stayed on its four wheels, with just a little steering damage, which was a greater danger in the Mlynky stage, but I could save it well. Last time at Cote d'Arbroz I just drove to the end. Probably lost 10-15 secs because of the steering but I can't really complain.

Last surprise when I saw I finished the session in P1! Now I did my part and just wait for the others. Good racing in the stages they finished with Emil, Ross and Arwyn but a bit of consitency and luck was on my side ;)

Thanks a lot to the orginizers, and also to WorkerBees for his co-driver application, really, really had a huge impact on my driving tonight, I wouldn't have been so consistent without it.

Looking forward to the results and next event!

well done Alberto, you deserved the session win and I really enjoyed the battles throughout the rally , Roll on next time

Hi guys. This was one hell of a rally.
ss1- Great start, smooth gliding through the stage all the way to finish. after finish line i`m losing control and smash my car into the tree. Broken gearbox and dead engine.
SS2- Start..Finish. I had never finish J.Plane faster. Car can`t move without engine and gearbox?!?!?!? How about that!!!
SS3- We are speeding with new engine and gearbox trying to reduce gap.
SS4- Clean drive-trough with no trees or tall plants inside the car.
I took a good rhythm and continue with good driving till SS-8 where i lost concentration and hit a tree with
radiator. I finish that stage and start J.Verte with high temperature. I manage to drive all the
way to almost the end of stage and about 600 meter to finish my engine stop "#$%&/%&$##"$!!!!!
After that i lost my temper and i made too many major mistakes like false start, i went 2 times off road at Mlynky
ect. I just wanted to finish agony no matter about final result.
See you on next rally.

Hey guys,

First of all I'd like to thank the organizers, for all your hard work and time spent with us.

Now onto the rally:

SS1 was a real grip drama, a few big scares along the way. From this point on, I felt this rally was a marathon so going fast wasn't really my main objective.

First time around Foron...so a lot of mistakes, the worst stage of this rally.

On the second half of the rally, things went a lot smoother, specially in Peklo, what a great stage...you feel like you're flying around the forest, beautiful!

Let's see what the final results are!

'

Hey Daniel, I had this problem in pre-season testing (http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-general-discussion.64097/page-3#post-1365827)

To fix it I had to open the impreza00.ini file and change a couple of lines to disable the Kenya kit. I can't remember exactly what lines but I'll check when I get home in a couple of hours, or you can try the files in the link above (make backups first!)

Bag of mixed emotions this rally, not the greatest debut in a RDRC car I could have hoped for. :poop:

SS1: Absolutely no vision or grip whatsoever, so tried to keep attack at about 30%..but on some corners it makes it worse! the car wouldnt turn at all, at such low speeds. Spun twice!

SS2: Very slippy indeed, had a few moments, but managed to keep it on the road. fell into a ditch at one stage but managed to escape. Down to a crawl in some places.

SS3: Low boost prevented us from going flat out, besides us trying to! Hopefully can be fixed at service.

SS4: Boost fixed, and better run this time round. Lost a little time after sliding slowly into some trees and getting stuck though.

SS5: Misjudged a corner and went for a bit of a ride, resulting in a broken rear-right wheel, but very managable to drive still, we should be good until next service.

SS6: Game decided "hey, lets be awesome and minimize by the finish on an incredible run!" excellent!. not.

SS7: Problems with Incar telemetry, had to judge my gearing and revs, managed quite well I think! results board showing retire, which I did not :p

SS8: 500 or so metres away from the finish and the back end gives way and the car slams head on into a tree.

SS9: While fixing the car after the off at Pelko, the crew unknowingly fitted the wrong setup to the car, and as a result made the car bottom out and slide into some trees in the final
section of the Verte. Stress level are very high in the car right now.

SS10: Fairly good but cautious run, no mistakes so very happy with that.

SS11: Much better run this time, and no crashes! Very pleased with result, even if cautious.

SS12: Fairly quick pace overall, with the exception is misjudging a note and going off in style, and managing to get the same tyre broken! :confused:

SS13: Almost retired (massive roll off the one place I was TRYING to avoid the most) but managed to only lose a few seconds thanks to quick thinking and easy access back to the road! Other than that, good run regardless of the broken wheel.

SS14: Good run, couple of big moments but made it to the finish!

The nightmare is over, time to hop on the plane to Oslo to start Norway testing and curl up into a ball on the floor. :redface:

Thanks for the organisation of the rally team, very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play