RDHPC - Pitstop Guide

Historic Porsche cup promotional copy.png

This quick guide will show you how to make a successful pit stop in rFactor.

Setting Up

The first thing you'll need to do is make sure you've mapped all the relevant controls. Map buttons for the following entries:

· Request a Pit Stop

· LCD Up

· LCD Down

· LCD Left

· LCD Right

PLR config
[ Game Options ]
Relative Fuel Strategy="1" // Show how much fuel to ADD, rather than how much TOTAL fuel to fill the tank up to
Smart Pitcrew="0" // Pitcrew does things even if you mistakenly forgot to ask (one example is changing a damaged tire) Change from 1 to 0
Automatic Pit Menu="4" // brings up pit menu automatically: 0=disabled, 1=upon pit ENTRY, change cockpit menu but do not bring up HUD, 2=pit ENTRY->cockpit & HUD, 3=pit REQUEST->cockpit menu only, 4=pit REQUEST->cockpit & HUD
Miscellaneous="0"

Entering the Pits

When you are out on track push the button you've assigned to request a pit stop. It's best to do this early in a lap to give your pit crew time to prepare. Using the LCD keys, you can specify what work you want done to the car, including changing tire pressures. If after requested a pitstop and selected to not repair the damages you make some more damages you then have to unrequest the pitstop and request it again and again select to not repair the damages otherwise the damages will be repaired.

GRAB_002.JPG

You need to be clear with your intentions when entering the pits in order to avoid incidents with vehicles around you. Ensure your car is inside the white line denoting the pit entry lane nice and early - do not cut across the white line with a last second dive into the pits.

GRAB_013.JPG

Each pit lane has a speed limit. In the RDHPC we have an universal speed limit of 70kph for all tracks. Slow your car down below this limit before going past the pit entry line or pit lights. If you speed in the pits, you'll incur a drive-thru penalty. The cars do not have a pit speed limiter, so you'll need to be careful and manually manage how fast you're travelling.

GRAB_015.JPG

The Pit Stop

It's always a good idea to practice a pit stop during the warm-up session in order to learn where your pit box is. Search for a red outline on the floor and a pit-board that indicates your box, and stop inside it. Your pit crew won't touch your car unless you're inside the box, so be careful not to overshoot it.

GRAB_005.JPG

Keep your eye on the pit timer. The moment the timer stops counting, you're free to go. Pull out of your box (check your mirrors!) and carry on down the pit lane, remembering to stay under the speed limit.

Exiting The Pits

Once you cross the white line at the end of the pit lane, you are clear to hit racing speeds once again.

GRAB_009.JPG

You may be allowed to hit higher speeds, but the pit exit isn't completely done yet. When you get back onto the track, you'll be on the inside of a white line. You are not permitted to cross this line. Do not pull back onto the racing line before the end of the white line, ensure there are no other cars you're likely to disadvantage or collide with, and merge back onto the track at racing speed.

GRAB_011.JPG

That's it - you've successfully made a pit stop in rFactor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
I forgot to set my pit strategy in the garage menu to 1 stop with no added fuel - I had 0 stops with N/A fuel. Finished the race with 91L fuel. :(

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000