G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Great. I am still liking my wheel. Have not had any issues. What are your other wheels for comparison?

The BMW GT2. The BMW feels much more substantial I have to say, but I find finesse and precision much easier with the McLaren.

Still not got my head around the dual clutch yet, but then I have only done a few laps (in the VRC Bentley Speed 8 round Donington - a very nice combo)

Upvote 0
Got mine on Wednesday - great wheel but unfortunately it has an issue where the rim constantly disconnects from the wheelbase and loses all buttons, shifters etc so it’s probably going to need an rma. Very annoying after waiting nearly 2 months for it to ship!

Upvote 0

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Is there any risk with changing rims I need to be aware of? For example, is there anything I should do when changing rims to reduce the possibility of damage?

One would hope that changing rims was built into the design, but you never know....

Upvote 0

RasmusP

Premium
Is there any risk with changing rims I need to be aware of? For example, is there anything I should do when changing rims to reduce the possibility of damage?

One would hope that changing rims was built into the design, but you never know....
From my experience nothing can happen!
The rims only slide on it in the one, correct position and then you have about 3cm of space between pins and holes.

I wouldn't slam the rim on it, but a simple, slightly careful "slide into position" should never do anything bad :)

There were some issues with the old csl elite plastic quick release where it could bend and brake the pins. But this was only when the wheel was completely attached, nothing to do with changing rims.

And this issue was resolved over a year ago!

Upvote 0

manu68

Premium
I am totally happy with mine.
I can not have speed on the oled with ACC or assetto corsa, but i suppose that i should use compatibility mode or use fanalab ?
(CSL DD base)

Fantastic look, grip, perfect size, more than enough buttons

Upvote 0

Wilko Jones

Premium
I don't really run ACC that often, so I'm not entirely sure about the LED display when in the sim. But AC has been best in compatibility mode while not running Fanalab. I mostly use Fanalab as a wheel settings selector.

Upvote 0

RasmusP

Premium
I can not have speed on the oled with ACC or assetto corsa, but i suppose that i should use compatibility mode or use fanalab
Not sure about acc but ac doesn't have a setting to set what should be displayed on the wheel.
The standard fanatec driver software doesn't have such a setting either afaik so Fanalab is the way to do it.
Fanalab is where fanatec implemented the menu for what to display!

Upvote 0

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 125 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%