RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some fun laps at the beginning but once I lost touch it was difficult to make any progress to those in front of me. Anyway I improved during the race and set my fastest lap a few laps before the end.

Had a quick spin about half distance and that killed the race for me.

My sincere apologies to Norman. Didn't mean the contact in the first chicane. Thought you were clear. Very sorry.

Well done to the finishers.

Fun race guys, thanks for a nice night :)

Had my AC install screw up just as quali started that put me on the back foot, got into quali with 8 minutes left and never quite put the lap together, but was still very satisfied with P9 in the end.

As for the race, managed to just avoid the T1 accident, had to swerve round a spun car (Frank I think) but got away without hitting anyone and the decided to settle down into a race and see what happens. Some close action in front provided entertainment for a while but I took the chicken route for this one and basically just backed out of everything all the time to try and not get into trouble. Had several moments when I probably could have passed / stayed in front but decided against the risk. Sadly that didn't pay off for me as I still managed to get caught up in other peoples accidents, which was a shame to see quite a bit of overaggressive driving on track today. Had a good clean fight with Ross that I enjoyed, and overall it was fun.

Until next time....

The T1 accidents on Monza is nothing unusual - I was expecting some mid-field action before approaching it and ended up still being surprised how many cars were involved, changing directions etc. Managed to clear it reasonably fast, so probably gained some spaces there.
Then the difference between me and cars in front was showing I had no chance keeping up. Then @Marco Waechter reduced his gap to me and we had great battle often going side by side. Finally at mid-Ascari I've lost the car going alongside Marco (caught the curb, no touch I think) and spun the car. While trying to recover it I've accidentally touched the camera change button, lost my mirrors while still going fairly fast (and admiring my car livery from the outside ;) ) and rejoined the traffic in a kind of brutish way. I think I've slowed down the group of @Andrew Harper, @Norman Bruce and @Sunny Sky Speed (hope I got the names right) - apologies guys - that was totally unintentional. Hopefully this have not affected your races too much.
Managed to get few places up but ended up alone on the track with the drivers ahead still increasing the gap despite my consistent laps, close to my PB so kind of happy with the laps but felt like I can't do more.
So I was hoping to get a point, as felt reasonably strong-ish - reality is that the gap to the guys in front is far too big to think of any points at the moment, despite the race events plaguing others.

I was enjoying the race (hotlap style) nonetheless, had some great side by side moments and finally had a reasonably consistent race.

Thank you gents for a well spent Sunday evening!

Last edited:
I messed up the first lap. Was 3rd after first corner, but then took wrong side of the field and Tobias was able to attack me. While were fighting, someone came from behind and there was a moment we were 3Wide. After variante ascari I chose wrong side again and I lost 4 positions after parabolica :/ Btw. there was a little contact with Cyrille - sorry for that, was my fault. Fortunetely I lost more of it :( Then I managed to wake up and came back to the 4th place. The pace was very good and at the end I was closer to Tobias but there were few laps missing to get to him close enough .
Anyway thx Tobias for the clean fight on the first laps, big congrats to the podium and cya on the next event ;)

I messed up the first lap. Was 3rd after first corner, but then took wrong side of the field and Tobias was able to attack me. While were fighting, someone came from behind and there was a moment we were 3Wide. After variante ascari I chose wrong side again and I lost 4 positions after parabolica :/ Btw. there was a little contact with Cyrille - sorry for that, was my fault. Fortunetely I lost more of it :( Then I managed to wake up and came back to the 4th place. The pace was very good and at the end I was closer to Tobias but there were few laps missing to get to him close enough .
Anyway thx Tobias for the clean fight on the first laps, big congrats to the podium and cya on the next event ;)
Yeah, you gave me a big headache in the first lap. I was trying very hard to get away from the pack when I saw Sakke and Geof disappear into the distance and I couldn't shake you off :D I had a stroke of luck when you got attacked by another car and lost some momentum.

(and admiring my car livery from the outside ;) ) and rejoined the traffic in a kind of brutish way. I think I've slowed down the group of @Andrew Harper, @Norman Bruce and @Sunny Sky Speed (hope I got the names right) - apologies guys - that was totally unintentional. Hopefully this have not affected your races too much.
I had no trouble going past you in Ascari as I kept to the outer side and you were holding your line fairly well. No worries whatsoever. :thumbsup:
I had a pretty consistent race doing 2:22 times (pb for me) but at the last 4 laps my rear tyres worn out, struggling to keep balance with my controller but managing almost all the time, but for that one moment in the second chicane I spun and there went @Norman Bruce by me as my nose was in the wrong direction. What I just don't get is that even on a hot Monza my tyres cooled down on the straights, I don't know if that is logical or not, realistic or not, but I can tell you when approaching corners at those speeds with cool tires :confused:...control was never 100% also when exiting tight corners. It is very unforgiving for a car of this small size and low power, a mistake at higher speeds or a slide will make you lose so much time...frustrating really :unsure:. And as I use the controller, I did well I guess overall, but when in fight or battling for keeping up, the line is very thin between driving fast and getting nowhere...

Then the difference between me and cars in front was showing I had no chance keeping up. Then @Marco Waechter reduced his gap to me and we had great battle often going side by side. Finally at mid-Ascari I've lost the car going alongside Marco (caught the curb, no touch I think) and spun the car. While trying to recover it I've accidentally touched the camera change button,...
Yes, was some clean fun. Not a single contact there.
(Was btw. going an extra wide line there at the entrance of ascari, so we had plenty enough space for each of us at least.) I already wondered what happened to your car, -as you kind of dissappeared from any view and even live ticker standings it seemed-, now I know.
I lost a lot of time though in this laps with battling side by side. After that the gap to the next car in front of me was quite huge. ;) Overtaking at the straight after parabolica would've been more wise in a matter of time consumption (I knew), but.. when there's an opportunity to do some fun side by side racing (in capable, controlled, non dangerous places) you don't always say no. :)
--
In first lap I went off in the 2nd Lesmo (throw me back), I was already a car lenght+ in front of a pulk but got touched slightly at the back there. Probably the driver behind had to push to not get overtaken by a third driver behind or aside of him and could not brake more save to aviod such a small contact. So, that's understandable with such many cars around quite at once.

I was in fear of running out of fuel in the last few laps, the at some point quite deep red petrol pump sign in AC always makes me too suspicious about this matter in the end of races :). But of course I fueled right (37 litres) when testing comsumption in single player the prev. days, that was enough for something around 18,5 -19 laps. Could've got and stayed a bit closer to Gabriel Sterr without that fearing (fuel 'saving' as well in lap 17 and 18) + without 1-2 times unnecessary too early braking for the first turn, but that's more or less minor stuff. Maybe if the race would've lasted longer, I could've got him or even the group of cars close in front of him, but also the tire wear in the last few laps did not make it easier to really push (savely) and get really close. So, ' don't know.
Cu all next time !

Last edited:
Yes, was some clean fun. Not a single contact there.
(Was btw. going an extra wide line there at the entrance of ascari, so we had plenty enough space for each of us at least.) I already wondered what happened to your car, -as you kind of dissappeared from any view and even live ticker standings it seemed-, now I know.
I lost a lot of time though in this laps with battling side by side. After that the gap to the next car in front of me was quite huge. ;) Overtaking at the straight after parabolica would've been more wise in a matter of time consumption (I knew), but.. when there's an opportunity to do some fun side by side racing (in capable, controlled, non dangerous places) you don't always say no. :)
I know - we've both lost plenty of time taking wrong lines and at one point I was thinking just to let you through (and it kind of happened at Ascari). Do I regret losing time? Oh no - that was a highlight of my race and I've had tons of fun. Cheers for that!

Qualified at 11th, got hit from the side at T1, spun like crazy because of the funny body physics and started the race from almost last position. Managed to finish 11th again.

Thanks to all drivers! Very clean race. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Tobias Röhner
I won't be able to join at Vallelunga, my dear wife remembered me kindly we need to attend a wedding party Sunday :cry::cry: of some friend couple I actually don't see that much :unsure:...:mad:. Well at least I won't be getting in the way of those aliens up front :D
Last round shouldn't be an issue.

I think it was more like a chain reaction due to many cars in the first corner combined with the poor calculation precision of AC. So a small bump can cause such a pileup.
No I was referring to other numerous incidents always involving the same driver....but won't elaborate any further. Watch the replay and it will explain itself.

Round 4

No time penalties have been applied. All drivers have remained within the designated track boundaries in the hotspots for most of the race. (i.e. nobody cut more than 4 times.) Good job!

The turn one pileup is hard to pinpoint on a single car/driver, so I won't be applying any penalties there. There are two separate incidents that incite massive confusion and then it took a while for cars to untangle themselves.

Thanks for a mostly clean race gents!

@Tobias Röhner
I won't be able to join at Vallelunga, my dear wife remembered me kindly we need to attend a wedding party Sunday :cry::cry: of some friend couple I actually don't see that much :unsure:...:mad:. Well at least I won't be getting in the way of those aliens up front :D
Last round shouldn't be an issue.
As a result of my abscence in the next race, the stewards have applied the rules and thus I am banned from last race too which actually means I won't be able to participate in this championship anymore :cry::thumbsdown:.
I understand and respect the rules, and all has been well explained in pm, so PLEASE do not elaborate on this in this thread. I just wanted to inform you guys and wish you the best of luck in the final two races.

EDIT : after consideration the stewards have allowed me to participate in the last race!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Guess my reasoning powers are still convincing :O_o:. Thx @Tobias Röhner and the RD team for reconsidering. :inlove:
@Artur Czarnecki , keep it up teammate!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say one thing, I have seen the stewards notice few minutes ago. (Didnt add the time before, I came back of a night in a hotel with my wife).

They mentionned two big contact, if mine with evan marion is one of them. Due to all the late braking etc, my pedals slide a bit and I finnally miss shift a gear at this moment, failed to turn in/brake etc. I haven't look the replay but I think I had lost a lot of speed.

I want to say one thing, I have seen the stewards notice few minutes ago. (Didnt add the time before, I came back of a night in a hotel with my wife).

They mentionned two big contact, if mine with evan marion is one of them. Due to all the late braking etc, my pedals slide a bit and I finnally miss shift a gear at this moment, failed to turn in/brake etc. I haven't look the replay but I think I had lost a lot of speed.
The two big contacts were in reference to the first lap accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back