RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The password has been updated from last round. Check the conversation messages Tobias sent us.

Yes it's ok, someone send me it, then I looked again and I saw it easily. I had not read a message totally (about skin pack update) yesterday, I opened the link and closed the message. :D

Aww, crap. TS maximum number of clients... you guys should probably try to join once the R3E race is over and people DC. It sucks that this happened, but not much we can do right now...

also @Paul Jeffrey you still have to book :p

Thanks for tonight guys, enjoyed it as usual :)

Nightmare for me, didn't get chance to string more than 3 laps together prior to quali and had loads of PC related issues on the build up. First my wheel lost all its settings after my W10 update (still drives like a boat, need to look into that prior to the next event) then the game lost connection with the wheel altogether! Sorted that out and had stupid FPS and stutters, so back to desktop again to see what was wrong... ! :)

Managed to get all that sorted and eventually qualified in P6 (same as last week) and was looking forward to the race. Got a poor getaway off the line (again) but profited from others issues and despite 2 missed gears on lap 1 managed to come out of the opening encounter right behind @Craig Patteson in P5. Had a nice little battle early on with @Geof until I realised I didn't have look left/right/behind mapped and panicked off into the gravel at Paddock Hill! Came back on in P8 (I think) and was looking forward to a good race after that. Sadly it wasn't to be... Unfortunately some really poor driving standards from some people spoilt the rest of the event for me. One guy (whom I will not name here) was pretty dangerous throughout and even hit me on 3 separate occasions... on a straight! Not good... At one point I spun again under pressure from said driver trying to keep some space at the end of the lap after he was trying to re pass me following my overtake after he ran wide. My own fault but by that time trust in close combat was well and truly over.

Got knocked off at Paddock again, need to review the reply on that one but I'm thinking racing incident at this stage.

On a side note, guys please remember to get off the throttle if you go out of track limits please, it didn't look like folks were applying that rule from my perspective ;)

Anyway, thank you as always for setting this thing up, and congratulations to the winning drivers and all who took part. Mental reset time now and on to the next round!

Cheers

Phew, what a race! That was real intense!

Thanks to all for the interesting fight for pace, especially @metaDp (This time you win:p), @Nave and @Paul Jeffrey. And this is how I get to the aplogizing part. Sorry for the contact, Paul. I am of the opinion I had left enough room to the outside, but in hindsight I'm not sure whether you even knew I was there? Also sorry for the contact @Paul Blythe. You mugged me into turn two there, so good move that, but then I had no room left to go and tried to go inside, but someone was there. That contact bumped my directly into your car:(

Anyway the rest of the race was great fun! Looking forward to the Nordschleife next week!

Sorry for the contact, Paul. I am of the opinion I had left enough room to the outside

No problems mate :) Was that the one at Paddock you refer to? That's the one where I think we were 3 wide for a while? If so, your right, I suspected someone was on the inside so I kept off throttle and out wide, but looks like it didn't work out ;) No problems mate, racing incident on that one I reckon (without having the luxury of looking at the replay yet). I would of braked and got out of the situation but had someone right behind me so I was stuck! Great race anyway mate, enjoyed the fight!

A bit dissapointed about the minor less grip than 'optimal' and thus resulting 0,5-1,0 sec. slower laptimes compared to hotlap mode. While I could constantly drive 53,3 - 53,8 laptimes in single player practice or hotlap mode, it was only possible to reach 53,7 - 54,4 laptimes in the event.. .
(In particular the second half of the track was slower with that little less of grip.)

Once again some collisions after the start, turned me around ~180° and falling back from P12 to P17.
But that's how it goes sometmes. But of course ' would be nice to have less pushing and bumping other cars people around at that point of the race ;). Not that of a desaster as regarding to my round1 Silv. Nat. start though.

In t1 of the very last lap a driver came out of the pits, almost 'blocking' the ideal racing line (since the way out of the pits is placed so close to t1 on this track).
So to be 100% sure to not to get in its near, I drove far away from the inner curb / racing line on the outside through t1.. and so as a result went off the track a little bit. Only that kind of small 'incident' opened up the opportunity for Alessandro (a driver on similar pace 1,5 sec. behind) to catch up and overtake me in the beginning of the last lap, gaining P12.
Fortunate that he ran out of fuel or whatever was the reason* on the finish line later on.., to get P12 'back'.
*Or he was even super polite, and just saw what kind of situation happened in t1 and why I 'had' to go off track. And gave the pos. back by slowing down on the last few hundred meters of the race because of that. :)

Last edited:
Despite being last (someone has to do it;)) I enjoyed the race very much. I did my very best not to get in the way of the faster opponents, holding the outer lines or getting off the throttle on the straight so you could pass me safer and faster.
I lost control in the beginning of the race, when fighting for place 16 or so and hit a red livery car, sending him to the wall at the last corner, that was defo NOT on purpose :(...but I would like to add that I was pushed later in the race when being lapped by the same one (I assume) out of the only left corner sending me towards the wall, while I was leaving plenty of room :O_o:.
Besides that, I got the feeling everyone understood my way of leaving space and I held on the racing lines at my own pace.
The rear end of the car breaking away when engine braking too hard is a real issue for me, resulting in earlier braking with the pedal and losing loads of time or spinning out on elevated sections. I guess with a 360pad the disadvantage is quite significant, but the 52" laps :confused: by the front runners are pretty alien :alien: if you ask me.
A track like Monza will be easier to handle as there is no elevation and the stretches are much longer.
At Brands Hatch I was constantly being blue flagged and at 16th place in all the confusion of the blue flags, I let the n°17 pass by as I thought it was a front runner :mad:. But I don't think I would have kept up eventually :unsure:.
Being such a small track, I was constantly looking in my rear view mirrors whilst trying to maintain my racing line, and not trying to get in the way...the elevation and constant turning makes Brands Hatch a very intensive physical and technical track...I know now why I actually disliked it in the past :D

@SakL congrats with the win
@Paul Jeffrey loved to see that livery passing me by quite a few times :roflmao:

good night!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
well, hope next round goes as well as this one for the winners and my racing pace evolves just enough to keep track with the other backmarkers :redface:

@Paul Jeffrey I feel you, and I'm pretty sure I know of whom you're referring to.

I had a lot of incidents where I put myself into a position in which I needed to trust the other car would know I was there, in hindsight, that was a mistake, and cost me a lot of position, but what else can you do when you're trying to climb up from p18?

But, I also think that there was a lot of avoidable contact in this race, and hopefully people will watch the replays and learn from it for next week. The Nords is way less forgiving :D, and you really have to fight on that track for position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play