RD GT Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any change of becoming a Wild Card racer? If so I am looking at using the Lamborghini Huracan GT3. My team name is PACNOR AEROSYSTEMS. I'll upload the skin shortly.

It's quite confusing, when Assetto Corsa shows a lap as valid, but the server as invalid :O_o:
That's because the server accounts for the white lines purely. AC extends the track limits in some corners where some real life series don't apply penalties;).
We might make some exceptions given the increased drag off track, but don't expect much. Eau Rouge will be strict on the white lines, others are still pending review, although I'm afraid only Pouhon and entry of exit of Paul Freire will get exceptions.

Hi. I just need to clarify something. I looked at the replay of the last race tonight, wanting to know what happened on the first lap. But then I changed view to other players wondering what was their driving line. I was a bit suprised how often many widen some corners. I know that such things happen during race (it sometimes happened to me too), but it shouldn't be that during all laps I was watching I counted only one clean lap! Someone from the top in qual made his fastest lap making an over a car wide off track. My question is: will there ever be any consequences for these? You know..... I can be faster this way, but dont see a point in doing it.
I just would like to ask everybody to respect the whitelines on the track.
Maybe its worth considering starting using PitLanePenalty app...... why arent we using it anyway? It would give a little more adrenaline to the races ;) And its all automatic. Sorry for bringing this up here, but I really damn hate such behavior and I am worried that there is no action about it.

I agree basically, but don't see a problem of gaining time by being out of the tack in most of the corners: Just want to mention that you always lose time on the parking apshalt beside. It offers less acceleration speed, very noticeable in AC.. . AC seems to be 'programmed' this way, to simulate a disadvantage as soon as you drive aside the real track (though it is asphalt too, it is impossible to do a pb out there out of the real track asphalt), to prevent people doing this or having an advantage out of this.
There may be tracks where it could be an advantage (Eau Rouge), but at Red Bull Ring it was not the case. For example, when you go wide in the first corner, it resulted only in some tenth slower outcome compared to a perfect match and no advantage in time.

From my recent watching I see only clean laps. Always two tires on the white line at least, using curbs is normal :) (the outta one of the third of the last corners -the last lefthander- for example, it's normal on RB Ring to use this curb now and then).

Last edited:
Regarding track limits:

It hasn't been an issue to this point of the season and this race it was noticed this round that some drivers abused the track limits. Even if the track combined with AC default programming doesn't make up for an advantage, it is still outlined in the rules that two wheels must be kept on track. It is easier to achieve the laptimes extending the track limits, even if it is slower.

The reason why we don't use an automated plugin for it is because it depends on being installed by the client and at this point there can be tweaks made impossible for us to detect. Even AC system and sTracker give conflicting results about track limits, which are all different from the RSR app for example.

There will be cutting penalties for this round, I really hate to give them, but it was too much. And for the same reason, the results might take longer than usual, as I will have to check the replay manually.

Don't be too harsh at this to all of those (or us). I see no big problem there. But I agree partially, out of the life stream I might recon a driver who drove a bit out of the lines sometimes (fully over the outta curb pre the last corner) ;), but haven't checked how often.

Just want to mention that you always lose time on the parking apshalt beside. It offers less acceleration speed, very noticeable in AC.. . AC seems to be 'programmed' this way, to simulate a disadvantage as soon as you drive aside the real track (though it is asphalt too, it is impossible to do a pb out there out of the real track asphalt).....

Totally disagree. Here you have an example of one of the best laps made by going off the track in the Rindt corner.

Not only you can gain in this corner but you actually gain a lot in the next corner. Let me drive this way and Ill be faster few teenths of a second. I wouldnt care if it had happened unintensionally, but it was unfortunetely...... many times.

That's -the corner- what I've spoken about in Post #263. So we don't totally disagree. ;)
[I think it depends a bit on the car as well, if it is an advantage or not. In the stable McL (lives from driving it clean) it is more a disadvantage than in the a bit wonky acting / full throttle Lambo car.]

Totally disagree. Here you have an example of one of the best laps made by going off the track in the Rindt corner.

Not only you can gain in this corner but you actually gain a lot in the next corner. Let me drive this way and Ill be faster few teenths of a second. I wouldnt care if it had happened unintensionally, but it was unfortunetely...... many times.
Fully aggree to that! You get much more speed for the penultimate and better angle for the ultimate corner and thus much more speed for finish straight! Especially when you go wide on the exit of the last corner in addition!! I saw this very often in race!
Yes, I also try to use all of the track but try always to be with two wheels inside the white line!
It is totally OK for me if this is about having fun and so don´t be too harsh with that.
On the other hand if it would be official that the white lines are no hard limit here then I would stop loosing pace by staying inside the wite lines ;)
`cause I think it´s clear, when you miss an apex and are in danger to go wide but you correct it....its mostly slower than just letting it happen :D

You have to keep car's & tires condition in mind (in very certain circumstances at least), just saying as an addition.
It happened to me in lap 59 or so (too wide in the last turn's exit), but that was because of done and overheated (before), unpredictable soft tires. ;) Before that (my) incident in lap 49, which caused all of that probs for the last laps, I was clean driving there and else in almost all laps.
I agree it happened more often at some other cars, but sometimes I can't blame them for what a wonky ship they had to drive and cope with ;).

Last edited:

It depends by how much you go off the track. If you stay on the solid red kerb, it will slow you but if you go as you are in this image, then you will benefit. But not always.

The kerb unsettles the car too much when you turn in so you have to be two wheels inside the white line by the time you turn in anyway. The advantage comes from carrying more speed from the previous corner but to be honest it's marginal, very marginal.

You can gain more time by taking a later apex in the penultimate corner and shooting down to Rindt with more speed. The key to the final corner isn't a wide entry, it's making perfect use of the inside kerb there to rotate the car enough that you don't use any of the outside kerb [as that kerb slows you down too].

Since AC definitely has a programmed "slow down" in the kerbs, the majority of circuits bear no advantage at ALL to use or abuse them surely it would be against the spirit of the rules to further penalize drivers guilty of going outside the white lines?

Since the rules are only in place to stop people from gaining advantages from going outside the white lines to find the time and forcing everybody to cut to keep up, but since no real advantage is gained you'd be penalizing someone on the principle of the rule, rather than penalizing someone with the spirit the rules were designed for.

For example the originality of the regulation is concerning potential time gained.

You wouldn't penalize someone for outbraking themself in T1 every lap would you? Technically that would be a breach of the rules, but you acknowledge they are obviously only losing time by doing so, so you wouldn't penalize them for that nobody would. Everyone knows the kerbs are so draggy, so nobody will be actively going wide to search for time much like nobody would consistently outbrake themselves.

In AC running the kerbs hard is the same. You get no traction or stability.You only lose time. Guarenteed there will be certain situations where you gain like wise, there are situations where deliberately outbraking or taking an escape road will benefit you, but the reality is ON THE WHOLE, it won't.

Last edited:
Jake, are seriuosly saying going wide in "Rindt" wouldn't give an advantage? Because if you do, you should consider thinking again. A can agree about the T1 corner, cause it really did slow a bit while off, but the rest of corners can give advantage and the last 2 the most.

Jake, are seriuosly saying going wide in "Rindt" wouldn't give an advantage? Because if you do, you should consider thinking again. A can agree about the T1 corner, cause it really did slow a bit while off, but the rest of corners can give advantage and the last 2 the most.
Fastest lap I ever did there was a 1.28.4 and that was without using it. [Same weather conditions]

I'm sure on my fastest q lap I had the mistake to run on there and only got 1.28.8 or so had I not done so, I'd have been faster, but luckily I managed a 1:28.9 with a totally clean lap, so it wouldn't have made a difference to my qualifying position.

The problem occurs that as soon as you touch the kerb, it's slowing you, even when you're on the asphalt outside the corner, it's slowing you. So when you go outside wide there, you're just slowing your speed down so it probably feels that you're able to take the corner better, when the reality is, it's just slowing you down more readily to the correct speed for the corner anyway.

As I said, the key for that final corner is the amount of inside kerb you take, not how shallow your line is on entry.

I agree it wouldn't make a difference about the qual position. In this round. But in race it makes big difference.
Well there is more risk to running wide there.
The worst fps issues I got actually were in the penultimate corner, I don't know if its shadows or trees causing it, or maybe something in the distance, and that was causing my reactions to be slower [as obviously with fps lag you have input lag also, and the feeling of response lag in the ffb] but I had some scary moments there because of the kerb on the exit and the cars reaction to scraping the floor over the ridge that separates the solid red kerb from the red/white..

If you are running a low setup your car bottoms out and it can go bad very quickly indeed. Bumping over the kerb as you turn in gives 0 confidence in the cars ability to hold the rear upon corner exit, so maybe theoretically, it is faster but I feel in practice it's not. As you will always been expecting an oversteer when it never happens, so your commitment will always be less than if you know for sure the car will be planted.

But as I said, I think that you can gain time but by running wide and coming back inside the white lines before you turn right again. I don't think you gain time by turning back onto the circuit at the latest possible moment. The car needs to settle first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes