RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, my whole computer just messed up because of a Java error and my car broke while nothing would respond. I only get them during these events and on two occasions it has screwed me.....

edit: So I am retiring from the championship, sorry guys :frown:

Guys please everybody dissapeard in the half of the race and I was racing alone for the remaining 30 minute but lol I now got behind barriers and I cant finish the race dont know what to do?

Great, my whole computer just messed up because of a Java error and my car broke while nothing would respond. I only get them during these events and on two occasions it has screwed me.....

edit: So I am retiring from the championship, sorry guys :frown:

james, why don't you just turn off the jave update, I had same prob but not anymore!

Internet connection went down in the middle of the race:frown:
But the game kept in the race, not dropping me out to the main menu. So I was lapping for I while till realized that it's no use...

Big-big sorry D. Andrei for the hit. I went offtrack because the wheel slipped out of my hand, and as I re-entered track I missed the braking point. I was really mad at myself for this stupid mistake...:sorry:

Hope more luck for next time...:frown:

java update ruins everyones races really bad....they like to go update or check for update when you are racing, as I think the program thinks that the pc is in idle mode (no mouse or keyboard movement)...
disable everything that is running in the background and could update.....adobe products, apple products are also problem makers.

as for the race I have to apologize to henrik....really sorry for that spin, not my intention...i think you made your car just a tad wide or I did not pay attention that well...
for the rest it was a great race that I cannot lie.....had to fight from p12 or so back to p4 and eventually p3....great race....awesome battle....and a great pit strategy and a hotlap after that
congrats to everyone.....until next week ;)

Not that much to report from the C5R Cup but aleast this time I finished the race;

Qualied in 6th, finished in 6th, may have been higher but who knows.

Rolling start was good, no incidents that I could see, the race was on. Got a little presure at the start, carry a full tank of gas, but after some laps Fabio got by me. Was shadowing him for the first half of the race but just before the pitstops Fabio had a spin at the Dunlop Kurve, I tried to go for the only gap I could see and Fabio was rolling back, but alias the gap wasn't big enough and I hit him which sent me off track. Fabio waited but I lost 2 positions, thanks for waiting Fabio, pitted and then quite a lonely run to the chequered flag only interupted by Caramidaru who was closing the gap to slowly. Managed to hold him off.

Grts to Jari on the win, wd all other podium finishers the thx to all that finished, only 9 of us in the end.

Guys can somebody please explain me how is possible that the server went down for me and Janos? and / or for somebody else? and / or for others not? I was 10th when it happens... I dont want another DNF with no points because of this :confused:

its weird Janos, it wrote me that you disconnected normally from the server, but for me it did the same as for you everyone dissapeard and it kept me in the race, I did the whole 30 minutes reamining... If I will get DNF I will be very ungry I have my replay data where I am driving alone for the second halft of the race

and I have tested my internet connection it was everything OK with that

Qualified 1st in C5R´s and dropped to 2nd place after going wide in first turn. Had very hard time overtaking 1st place man James who finally made a little error and I manged to slip past him. After that I just keep driving constant laps and that rewarded me with the win.

Thank you very much for all the drivers and RD crew for setting up this league.

What started out as a bit of a drag turned into a really interesting and eventful game:

had done all of five laps in preparation, summer simply is not the time to play computer games :)
In quali I was the only guy with a time of just above 2:00 which put me in 20th of 22, two guys had no time clocked.

Missed most of warmup, so really my first laps with full tanks ever in this combo were the first laps in race. Spun out in lap2 which put me down in last, 18secs from next guy, but until lap7 I had found all my breakpoints and also closed up on Xose who was not a happy guy tonight, or so it seemed. We had a nice little battle but being a faster guy in general he pulled away again. When I was about to be lapped with shot tires, I spun out and spun back on track right in front of race leader (Hannu?) for which I apologize. Luckily he was quick on the brake and just lost maybe a second or two. After pit I passed Xose again, taking advantage as he was letting a lapping car pass (hehe) and then defended my position for - I think - a lap and a half. Did what I could to keep him behind (changing line once on start finish straight etc), but he slipped past again :( When that rain started my tires were shot again and I had to let Freddie pass who did a terrific job of keeping it all together in those bad conditions. Was lapped for the second time in the closing minutes of the race and finished (I think) in 17th of 18 running.

Thx RD, get well Bram, thx all who turned up, too bad I was the only Audi, this will cost us dearly in the team standings :(

replay file: http://rapidshare.com/files/403344947/RDGTC2_03_N__rb_GP_Race.zip.html

I started quite good but sneaking, not without some touches, between the cars crashing and spinning in front of me.

Then, few laps later, other car, not with bad intention or excesive risk but wrong calculation, pushed me out of the track, and I went from 11 to 17... then the climax of the race came, a microfreeze in the middle of the straight and a lost of concentration made me lost my braking point by far into the chicane and I touched another car, got damage and lost all my chances of a good result, hopefully not their, sorry to the car involded.

I went up to 16 in the last part of the race, and when it started to rain with 10 minutes to the end, I decided to enter and change tyres hoping for a big summer storm but instead was a small shower, so lost two positions because it.

A race to forget :p

WoW what a fantastic race I had.

I didn't manage to get a single lap with the C5R's because I never felt for it, well race day arrives and I just managed to join the end of the Qualifycations as it took me a while to put my G27 to work and I had just arrived from a boat trip so you can imagen how tired I most be.

Well I started from last place but during Warmup I downloaded a race setup wich had allready 135L fuel on. I took it for a spin and I managed a 2.00.009. Then I decreased the fuel to the exact amount I needed to finish the race. Well once I made an other lap I did a 1.58. high so I was sure that this setup will allow me to do some magic.

Now Race time, I started last (16th) and finished 8th.
During the formation lap I was behind a Motor AG Motorsport driver wich name I cant rimember (sorry for that) how ever I tryed to keep a bigger gap since I dont like formation laps with RACE-Series games because I allways fear the posibility of temparary screen freezes. How ever we all went well and clean.

Lap after lap I sow cars spining and I was just gaining posisions. In the end me Dinca Andrei did someone wich I dont rimember but that thing allowed me to move up to 9th. There where some crazy stuff going on but I came to a point where I was 8th and I had Dinca and the second of the 3 Motor AG Motorsport drivers behind me. From that point on Dinca Andrei did evrything he could to pass me but I did not give him that posision that easely. Then his team mate was invated to the battle and he tryed to by pass Dinca, since I did not have the name pabs on I could not tell who was behind me but the battles and the overtaking attemts where intensive. I felt great to battle against the guys but in the end my tyres lost all the grip they had and I could not do enything better then to let them pass but try to force them to make mistakes but that did not work.

After that my race was preaty quiet and I just crossed the finish line 8th without eny bigger attemts.

From my perfomense and time to practice I have to say that I did one of the best races I could probobly do with this little practice time. I hope for better performence by me on the last race of this Championship and I have to say that I have enjoyed evry single round and won't forget this league.

Great racing tonight,but kinda don't like those C5R's.Ok ok ok fine...i like them but only when they drift out of the corner :D
So,here are my results!

Qualification(3rd place) - After i got a good pace with my setup (1:55:7xx)i asked Dinca to provide me his setup as i know he is doing great setups and didn't had time to test it,just used it in the qualify lap so here i am with not my PB, 1:55:8xx.

Race(2nd place) - Here it is my race description with images!:)

Formation lap!
11.bmp

After 3 laps when we all settled up. Jari in 1st,James in 2nd and i in 3rd closely chased by Hugo and Dan.
12.bmp

My team mates Dinca Andrei and Bogdan Caramidaru in 10th and 11th place after first laps.
13.bmp

Fekete lost control and hit Caramidaru Bogdan,great battle there.
14.bmp

Ondrej braked very late and hit hard Dinca.
15.bmp

First 4 runners pack after 6-7 laps.
16.bmp

I barely avoid James when he lost control,hit the wall and got back on the circuit very fast.The avoid was only one inch away of crash,i will make a video and post it,incredible luck but 99,9% closer to unluck.
17.bmp

The avoid from other camera.Think about that we were running 230km'h there.
18.bmp

My other 2 team mates fighted for place all the race.Dinca finished 5th and Caramidaru 7th due to a bad crash with 20 spins....no comment :eek:
19.bmp

They were "fighting" so hard that both of them entered the pits in the same time:tongue:
20.bmp

Overall it was a great race,but from middle of it i was alone till the finish.
Thank you Hugo for great fight and sorry for that tap in lap 3 or 4,i didn't calculated the corner very well as it was a 170 degrees one.
Thank you RaceDepartment for this great league.Very exciting due to the cars.All are the same,the difference is made by the driver :wink:.

QUALI- i had a PB of 1.56.5 in practice so i espected to do high 1.55 in QUALI..but i came on track and i see no cars besides me..so i told to my self...oh no bug...enterd pits..then realised...superpole stupid! so i was 14th behind teammate Dinca

RACE my objective was to keep up with Dinca.cause i now he is faster then me...so we both passet some guys...and then we where a grup of 3-4drivers very close..i got in front of the grop so i pushed...cause i new that i can do high 1.56 with full tank....got my self a 4sec gap to teammate dinca ...but i just couln;t focus enymore..and Dinca got me...fight hard a couple of laps..then i told to my self...i will pit first..do some fast laps with fresh tyres and get in front of him with some sec....when i went in to the pits....SURPRISE..he was pitting to....there goes my strategy..i came out first..toa mystake by him...and tried to push hard...but after 2-3laps...did a smal mistake..and result in some amaizing spining...was in 9 or 8 and tried all rest of the race to get Bob Hutchins who was in 6 place...slowly but stady i got him...but by the time i got him...tyres where off..and din;t finalize a pass..hat 2 oportunaties..but Bob defended well....so i decided to bring the beast home...glad for 7 place from 14.

10-x RD
10-x David for description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering