RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Stop will be difficult, I've checked fuel & tyres in my GTS Mosler for a 1 stop and it's looking risky on both, and I'm good on tyres. Pro could be interesting :)

For GT Sport at least the BMW's are going to have no choice to pit twice I think as they barely manage a 45 minute stint. Tim's Spyker is an unknown quantity...

1 Stop will be difficult, I've checked fuel & tyres in my GTS Mosler for a 1 stop and it's looking risky on both, and I'm good on tyres. Pro could be interesting :)

For GT Sport at least the BMW's are going to have no choice to pit twice I think as they barely manage a 45 minute stint. Tim's Spyker is an unknown quantity...

I will have to pit 2-3 times in my Seat in club, it drinks allot of fuel, allot more then the Z3, maybe they can do it on one stop, we shall see anyway, more worried about my tyres and am yet to do any training ( too busy! :( )

gillet once

for once choosing the Gillet pays off: One stop easily, tested 60 mins and had fuel for almost a lap left after 60 mins, tires down to 40% so that's ok, too. Also: as a slow guy, I will be lapped three times, so that's three laps less to carry fuel for.

Very great race for me tonight :laugh2:, except the last 10 minutes where i have accindently typed the flying camera view:disapointed:, impossible to find the internal view and i have jumped to 5th pos to the 7th pos. I'm totally stupid!:messed: Sorry Pascal for the contact, my intention was to let pass you, but you have changed your direction at the same moment...So i have a very good chase with Oliver Amos, but it's a pity that he give up too early!:highfive:

Congrats for the podium and for the RDGTC champion (Sander i think)

So Thanks for all the rd staff who made this league possible:bye:, just a regret, the huge number of absence during the last races, it's a pity.:disapointed:

Qualify P3, Race P3, overall standing P3 :).

I had slower and low consistent pace than Wilfred and Rami so there was no chance for higher place.

Congrats Wilfred for P1 and Rami for P2 in general.

Thanks to RaceDepartment for this league.

Finished 6th in the end despite my setup being completely to cock for these conditions (was like driving on ice for the whole 2 hours, and an utter battle just keeping it on track :() ... track temp was 42.5ºC when I was expecting much much cooler :Cry:

Every single practice race I ran went like this:
practice - high 30º's, quali - low 30ºs, warmup - mid to high 30ºs, race - high 20ºC´s.

Our race tonight started and I look at the track temp and its 42.5ºC :eek:, nearly cried as my setup did not work in these temps and I knew it! :doh:

Was nearly 1.5 seconds slower tonight than I was this afternoon on the server in race :(

Anyway ... my race shenanigans ...

Start straight was bizarro ... remembered we could not overtake before start line and the guys in front braked hard approaching the line, so I had to anchor on and take a quick diversion manouvre to the right :eek:
(what went on there I got no idea, have to check replay someday when I am less tired).

Had some early fun with James, he dived down the outside after the start in T1 but then got wide at T2 so I went back under, but then was completely in my blind spot thru T's 3 and 4 ... bit worrying, then I found him in my mirror again chomping at my bumper - hope I didn't cut you off there mate ... couldn't see you anywhere and tried to hold my line as best I could on the slippery tyres.

EDIT: I also got a huge lump of dirt which my wipers would not shift on my damn windscreen on lap 1 ... drove the whole race trying to look past it to my apex's, which took some doing as this was a big ol lump right in my line of sight :rolleyes:

Anyway could not find a rhythm at the start at all, as I was slipping and sliding around all over the place and had James then Gaetan chomping at my rear end.
Kept both at at bay for a few laps, then spotted James quit (??).

I eventually settled down a bit and pulled a gap on Gaetan and that was basically that till it was nearly time for 2nd pit stop.

Stupidly at around 1hr 15mins I spun it for the second time at the final chicane ... losing all my once comfortable 14 seconds advantage over Gaeten :doh:

Decided enough ice skating on very greasy tyres, and pitted early in the hope to gain some time back ...
After Gaetans stop he pulled out just in front of me, but was way quicker on his setup with a clear track. I was by now sliding around like a right one, so had to back off again.
He pulled away, I sat and watched ... and that was basically that for another 45 mins till the end of the race.

Anyway ... 'tis done and means I take home 6th place in the championship :dance:

Bad luck Greg on the last few laps ... was expecting to do something silly like this myself ... you ran a good race and championship mate, nice battling with you here and there over the past few months. Same goes out to Pascal and everyone else I encountered on track :thumb:

Now ... I am buggered ... time to rest my weary head :wink2:

Gratz podium, Wilfred was quick as can be round here tonight ... much respect mate :good:

Thanks for a great championship RD and all involved in organising and racing ... some of the fairest and finest racing I have had the pleasure of ... top banana :rotfl:

I would have to say that this was one of my better races in this league. I managed only 1 spin, sorry to whomever I popped out infront of, I was trying to keep the car from going into a wall. Qualified last (13th) (Jeremy, I believe you were 12th) had a good couple of first laps, then we had lost 3 and Pascal spun and it was the only time in the league that I made a legal pass on someone, Thanks Pascal! 2 hours at this track sure takes it toll on you too. the last half hour was the hardest for me to concentrate, plus I had a cat who wanted to be petted while I was driving, annoying!
Finished 10th, 2 laps down, still my best finish yet, only 2 laps, usually its 5 or 6, so afterall, my pace was better.

Thanks RD for the league and the opportunity to race with some truly gifted drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes