RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open wheeler fans, I just found this mod.
It is a Taatus with a Honda engine from 2009. Its about the same lap time as an FA but just feels alive.
http://www.ctdp.net/

If the link get removed just type CTDP into a google machine.
Gee its a great car.
Yep, this has become the top consideration for next season. It has everything we need. The only thing that needs tweaking is the physics.

Pre-fix the rear end was way too loose, and now there's too much rear downforce, so your straightline speed is only marginally faster than the formula Abarth. It was a typo mistake with the aero.ini file, and so all of their pre-fix tests were done with not enough downforce, so now the car produces too much drag.

CTDP are a very very good modding team, and it will inevitably be finished come the start of next season.

ATM it's looking likely to be the car for next season.

We were originally going to use the Formula 3 car, however I think that may be dead due to financial troubles with RSR, which is unfortunate.

I can't wait till the next season no matter what is decided. Although it is a pain in the ass getting up in the morning to race, I actually do enjoy racing with y'all :).

I was reading around on the AC forums today and I REALLY need to be using the physics app and stuff during practice. During some races, I do hear about graining and stuff, but that goes in one ear and out another. I have been relying solely on the tyre temp/wear app for the condition of the tyres. After reading a thread on the graining, I may been totally trashing my tyres at race start (before they warm up) and has been causing me troubles late in the race.

I'll have to see just how much I have been wrecking my tires at race start and see how I can minimize it.

i am only a maybe for this one ,a trip too the butchers oops i meant dentist , has left me with infection which is making me passout at times , but you never know may come good hopefully

Because this is the final round of the season, negative points can be issued at the conclusion of the race in order to determine a final result.

I'm hoping and praying that either Sun or Justin takes pole, fastest lap, and the win. I can potentially drop from 3rd to 6th in the standings in this round, so every point that Chris, Akis and Frank don't win is good as far as I'm concerned :whistling:

Go go @Sun Levi + @Justin :roflmao:

Preliminary Race results for Round 7:
Complete.

http://simresults.net/150221-c5y
  • Sun Levi +2 points for Pole position (1.54.297)
  • Justin Talent +2 points for Fastest Race Lap (1:54.85)
  • Tony Binelli and Matthew Bailey finished the season tied for 10th place on 93 points. Upon a count-back, Binelli takes 10th place as he achieved a 5th place race result, and Bailey did not.

Last edited:
Well I'm absolutely wrapped with 4th place, mainly because it secures me 3rd in the Championship :cool: @Sniper Binelli had me on the back foot for pretty much the entire race, taking 1 or 2 tenths out of me most laps, but somehow I managed to keep him at bay for just enough laps. One more and you would have had me m8.

Can't thank @Chris Stacey + RD enough for running this league, it's been a blast, and it's all gone really smoothly imo. High point of the season was probably lap 1 at Silverstone, driving side-by-side with @Frank van Oeveren. Low point was taking out @Noel Spence at Imola :redface: Well done @Sun Levi, you're a freak alien m8 :alien:

Thanks also to Tony Binelli for the free server :thumbsup: Much appreciated buddy.

Can't wait for the next league :)

took 7th, my best, and frankly one of the best and most competitive races I have ever taken part in. Had a stab at a setup, it seemed to be a nice one, was driving nicely.

Took it easy at the start when I saw @Galin Dimov warp a bit, lost some places, but wasn't a big deal.
Few laps with @Jack and @Joao Alves went nicely, Joao especially stayed close for laps afterwards :D
Had a fantastic battle with @Frank for a few laps, absolutely awesome to race with him, a real honour.
Nearly was the unlucky recipient of Galin spinning out into me, I think by my replay there was a small contact, so I am counting my blessings with that.
Lastly, I was really happy to be in the situation to hunt down @Matt Bailey, was looking like it was going to be really close by the line, a few mistakes on my end gave him a simple finish in the end ;)

So with that, I think I have a top 10 championship position sealed up, so proud of that!

Thanks to @Chris, @Sniper and RD. Congrats to @Sun Levi on the season, everyone for taking part, there was some awesome driving throughout the season.

On to the next one! (whenever it is :D)
Close.jpg

(credits to Jack Trooper for this ^ this is how close Galin got :confused:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back