RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys I didn't get chance to put down my absence for todays race. I thought I might be back in time after running around to two parties for my son to go today. I got back and race was almost run with 20 odd laps to go. Just as well really I had no setup for the track and no track time. All my times been focussed on Lemans so far. Hope to be in for Suzuka if not then Indy :D

sorry I missed the race today my GPU gave up on me, at first I thought its something else so I formated my PC and did everything I could, but it seems like my GPU is dead, sorry I couldn't inform you guys earlier I had no way to access my Internet, my phone Internet wasn't working.

That was one hard race, holy crap... I had an incredibly nervous car on lift-off and acceleration but couldn't figure out how to fix it. There were some great battle's in the opening stages and when I was behind Matt Le Gallez I decided to pit early and try the undercut. Stupidly though I made a (in hindsight almost hilarious) mistake about my fuel number, somehow thinking I used a full liter a lap less then I actually did! :O_o: . Worrying about how I was going to solve this, I lost some concentration, and together with my weird handling car, this resulted in some (half-)spins and other mistakes, one of which picking up a 1-second stop/go. I ended up making an extra stop for fuel, aiming to secure 5th. Then with about 3 laps to go I noticed Ryan in 4th making a stop, and I ended up around 5 seconds short of passing him... Still kicking myself for losing focus and trowing away potentially another 4th! :(:D

Well done to @Valrys for a great win, @Chark for 2nd and solidifying his great championship position and @Matt88 for 3rd!

after I slept for 10 hours I can give a proper chronicle of what happened yersterday.

IMO, the proper way to handle the FCY is to make a picture of the actual grid, edit the settings and load up the circuit again. This would have the situation we had in the first lap. Honestly I'm amazed that no one realized that we were going to find the SC, it was obvious... but well. I'm quite happy with the result, this gives me a moral boost because my pace with indycars in road is dreadful. I managed to survive all the incidents and finished P7, which gives me a handful of points to the top 10, which is my objective.

I need to learn to make setups :(

see you in suzuka!

View attachment 197157

Here you go guys. Will be updated if penalties are applied. If there are no reports sent in by Monday evening, the official results will go up.
sorry for being a bit nitpicker but maybe it's time to fix my name "Aintor" to "Aitor", and flip the spanish flag horizontally to match it with the real one (the badge is on the left, not on the right).

I'm saying this because you wrote "Aintor" in the livestream news :D

sorry for being a bit nitpicker but maybe it's time to fix my name "Aintor" to "Aitor", and flip the spanish flag horizontally to match it with the real one (the badge is on the left, not on the right).

I'm saying this because you wrote "Aintor" in the livestream news :D
It's my fault entirely. I was running quickly through the sign up list when creating this and must have spelt your name wrong. When writing the article I was looking at the standings, so I will fix this tonight when I get the official standings made.

For me it was a tough race caused by my own stupidity. Again my strategy let me down. Dashmeter Pro is not giving me the correct readout for fuel consumption for the indycar and I did not double check it the old fashioned way like I should. Lesson learned.

I really enjoyed the race. Ran most of it on fuel mix 6/5, until the last stint. I was constantly on my feet trying to figure out what was going on in the race and what to do next, when do I pit etc. Shame I ignored the fuel :D

Congratulations to Allie, who looked hooked up the entire race. I knew I couldn't keep in front, because the more I batted the more fuel I consumed. When you overtook me, I braked really late, and realised it was too late, because it is so bumpy on entry. As soon as it snapped I desperately tried to avoid you and luckily no damage was done. Was a really good battle and you fully deserved the Win! I then realised I was really on the limit with fuel, which turned out to be past the limit and I was 2 litres short going on to the last lap, so I had to pit.

The broadcast (from what I have seen so far) was excellent. I had friends and family calling and texting me on Sunday saying they were hooked. It was very strange and goes to show what a good job you guys did!

This leads me on to the negative. Despite the season I have had and the issues that have surrounded it, I am still disapointed that Suzuka or Round 5 is gone. We lost Round 1 to technical issues (which was restarted when I was leading) and now we are losing another round. Could there be an alternative? Either way I respect the decision based on how this season has gone. You guys have rescued it and bought some organisation. Despite the issue at the start of the race, it was (from my POV) pretty smooth going. I just really enjoy driving these cars on road courses and not Ovals.

Anyways. Good race, thats the main thing, congras to Allie, Charles and everyone else that finished the race because it was tough. Also congrats to @Christopher Beavis, who got his first top 10 :)

There's always next season. Or is there?

Schedule Change!

Round 5 at Suzuka has now been replaced with the Indy 200 (80 Laps around Indianapolis Motor Speedway) in 2 weeks time on the 1st of July 2017. This will be the final race of the season and in addition to this will feature double points!

Pretty disappointing. Not only can this league not figure out how to run a server, but it cant figure out the calendar either! Now instead of missing suzuka im missing Indy.

Why did i even bother signing up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play