RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of version 1.0.2 for Assetto Corsa, the Tatuus FA01 now bottoms out much more easily. You may need to raise your ride height a few millimetres to stop it from bottoming out when going over bumps and kerbs.

After today's AC update, all I can say is thank god we have already raced at Mugello.

Kerbs in this car now are basically out to kill you at just about any track. For tracks that already had killer kerbs, well, you'll end up facing the sky if you even think about going over them.

Even jacking up the ride height doesn't save you from some of them, not to mention running raised heights really slows down lap times.

Especially considering that I already had issues with the kerbs at Silverstone, right now I'm expecting my race on Saturday night to end up finishing stuck in a barrier somewhere haha.

Such a small change like this could throw the order completely out of whack in this league!

Well, except for Sun. He'll still end up winning everything. :p

Really? It seems much better for me now. I can ride the kerbs much more easily now.

Hmm, maybe not all tracks then as I've just tried Silverstone and it's not as bad as I was expecting to be after my few laps testing out Mugello's kerbs from hell.

Imola's chicanes definitely are more punishing now though.

It's good though because when you think about it, they should be bottoming out as much as they are now when they're only running 18-25mm from the ground lol.

Much more realistic now. Loving it!

Also, the damage scaling and sensitivity has been massively improved, so if all goes well, then we'll be using 100% in the league.

Please sign me out of the league, Chris. Terribly sorry mate, I have lost all motivation for this car - I have no confidence and can't get a handle on it at all, and have decided to not risk becoming a danger to others on track.

Have fun for the rest of the season, everyone.

id also like to be signed out of the league as well. ive also lost all motivation and have other things i need to focus on at the moment im sorry i wasnt able to give notice about tonights race i actually forgot we were back racing tonight i know its pretty crap of me to forget but clearly my head is in another place at the moment and im sorry. thanks again for everything guys and good luck with the rest of the season guys and hopefully i will be back next season.

Held my 5th place off the line, but Fred and Frank came together in front of me. Went side by side with @Frank through Brooklands, Luffield, Copse and Maggots :confused::cautious::thumbsup::D

Came out ahead with @Fred Locklear in front. I couldn't catch him, but a few laps later he made a mistake in the Arena section, handing me 4th place.

There was no way I was gonna catch @Justin in 3rd, so I just held a good pace and didn't take any risks. Very lonely race, but still incredibly stressful. :D Stoked with 4th on a circuit that doesn't suit my style at all.

Congrats again to @Sun Levi :alien: Thanks to @Chris Stacey + @Sniper for the event :thumbsup:

Quite an interesting race for me. Was holding on quite nicely to 7th but started having a few ping issues and lag hit @Noel Spence, lost 12 seconds and put me into 13th. Hope I didn't cause you any damage mate

Had a lot of fun catching up again, saw a few incidents and passed a couple people and finished 7th. Stoked!

Pretty sure I could have finished 5th without those incidents so quite gutted that my internet caused issues once more.

Congrats to @Sun Levi and @Chris Stacey for giving the rest of us a masterclass, well done :thumbsup:

Held my 5th place off the line, but Fred and Frank came together in front of me. Went side by side with @Frank through Brooklands, Luffield, Copse and Maggots :confused::cautious::thumbsup::D

Came out ahead with @Fred Locklear in front. I couldn't catch him, but a few laps later he made a mistake in the Arena section, handing me 4th place.

There was no way I was gonna catch @Justin in 3rd, so I just held a good pace and didn't take any risks. Very lonely race, but still incredibly stressful. :D Stoked with 4th on a circuit that doesn't suit my style at all.

Congrats again to @Sun Levi :alien: Thanks to @Chris Stacey + @Sniper for the event :thumbsup:
Was an epic and clean battle! I lost 10 kmph of my top speed when Feed and me touched due to some aero / suspension damage, too bad I couldn't keep up cause of it!

My first league race with my new wheel. It made a big difference and I need to adapt to it! The race was very enjoyable although I lost a lot of places at the first lap and then I span out -> leading me from 9th to last :D

Thanks Chris - Tony and everybody for the nice race!

What a race! Definitely the toughest one yet, was on the limit every lap thanks to @Chris Stacey ! First couple of laps was intense as hell! Congrats Chris & @Justin for making it on to the podium and hope everyone had a good time! :thumbsup:

@Jamie Pyatt I really hope your issue gets sorted! It has to be one of the harshest bug ever!

lU7Y75W.jpg

lupEQEh.jpg

As always thanks Chris and @Sniper for organizing! :inlove:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks