Rate your Clubsport pedals

I've owned my original Clubsport pedals since 11/18/2011.
Ownership started out a bit 'rocky', with me receiving RMAed pedals...which appeared to be new but simply returned to Fanatec.
The original bill, including the RMA paperwork was still in the box.
Living in the U.S and not wanting to deal with exchanges, delays, etc... I agreed to hang on to them.
My first year of ownership was great and then it just went downhill after that..
I replaced the throttle sensor three times in five years.
There was a suggestion from Fanatec to also replace the main board...which was done as well.
The pedals are still in use but ever so often, the throttle or brake signal will simply fail to register.
Pressing the pedal will either yield no signal in the control panel or sometimes a partial signal.
Those were the symptoms used to justify replacement of those sensors initially.
The problem will usually arise if the PC has been in an extended sleep state. It can be rectified by simply unplugging and reconnecting the USB cable.
I may then not experience the issue for a few weeks or months.
I like the design of the floor support and the fact that they don't move on brake applications.
Is the reliability of the later versions better?
Mine has been a love-hate relationship with the pedals and I'd rather not do it again, if the later versions exhibit the same anomalies.
What are your experiences with the V2 and V3 pedals?

Last edited:
People would be much less angry at Fanatec if they didn't do the "thank you for posting here, please contact support" thing so excessively.

In many cases this has nothing to do with having to use personal information. It is just ticket punching (partially for employee review purposes), which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't put the load of the work on the customer.

I'm a Heusinkveld customer now and it's gotta stay that way.

Upvote 0
I've owned Fanatec products for 10 years and I've never once had to RMA a piece of equipment. I'm sorry that you had bad luck with your V3s. I recently sold my V3s and CSW 2.5 to my dad when I upgraded to Heusinkveld Sprints and DD2.

If you never had to RMA anything you only experienced half of that company. It's like me and Asus. First they behave in the most annoying way possible, then they send you somebody else's RMA back (possibly without testing properly).

Upvote 0
Not having much luck with my CSP V1"s any more. The throttle calibration doesn't last for much longer than about 1 hour after re-connecting the pedals.
Tried using DIView but can't seem to get it to work. I adjust the throttle settings in DIView, even tried setting a saturation of 90% which looks ok in the software, but these settings won't save.
I'm at a loss but can only assume it is time for new pedals. I'll go back to my "reliable" old G27 pedals for now.

Upvote 0
Not having much luck with my CSP V1"s any more. The throttle calibration doesn't last for much longer than about 1 hour after re-connecting the pedals.
Tried using DIView but can't seem to get it to work. I adjust the throttle settings in DIView, even tried setting a saturation of 90% which looks ok in the software, but these settings won't save.
I'm at a loss but can only assume it is time for new pedals. I'll go back to my "reliable" old G27 pedals for now.
Which sim are you trying to play? If it's iRacing, then DIView has no effect as iRacing uses their own proprietary calibration method. You will have to edit the joycalib file to set deadzones etc

Upvote 0
@Andrew....Thank you for the DiView link and the video. Will try those later.
Maybe I will also spend some time looking at the magnets....possibly a mod of some kind.
It certainly can't hurt at this point in time.
I was not even aware the V3 pedals had bigger magnets.
Can somebody confirm size and distance to the sensor.
I've always keep my pedals clean and lubricated.
All the pivot screws were removed, checked for taper on engagement ends, reinstalled with loctite at the appropriate torque.
The load cell and clutch sensors are still the original one but I'm on 5th throttle sensor.

Upvote 0
Which sim are you trying to play? If it's iRacing, then DIView has no effect as iRacing uses their own proprietary calibration method. You will have to edit the joycalib file to set deadzones etc

I'm mainly playing ACC, RRE, Dirt Rally 2.
But with DIView, I don't get as far as the Sim. When I adjust the settings in DIView, the Save icon is greyed out, not allowing it to save. If I close DIView after adjusting, say the Saturation, then re-open DIView, the default settings are still there. I have DIView launched as Administrator as well, just in case that has an effect.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, does DIView have to be installed into a specific location eg. the Fanatec folder?
Also. I'm running Win 7 but I doubt that is a problem.

Upvote 0
Bought my V2's from ebay second hand a month ago. They look nice but the long throttle pedal throw and clutch cam took some adjusting to coming from 3 years of G29 use. I inverted them in my rig last weekend, and pulled the wires out of the load cell in the process. So I know they have a brand new load cell now.

Now that I have a functioning brake pedal fitted in the same way I've had the G29's for the past couple of years I'm lovin' it, but not much more than the richmotech load cell I had in the G29's.

@Warren Dawes Do you get spiking and dead spots on the throttle? If so it is your potientiometer that is on the way out.

Upvote 0
My bad @Warren Dawes I thought the V1's still used pots like the CSR. To check if it's your hall effect sensor unplug it from the little control board, it's under the foot plate on V2. Then unplug the clutch and plug in the throttle to the clutch and see if it is still spiking. If it is the sensor is goosed. That's what the Fanatec site says to do to check V2's.

I tried to move the pivot point on the throttle and when I put the pedal back together I didn't line up the magnet correctly that is in the end of the cross pin through the pedal arm. My throttle was looking like it had the symptons of a busted potientiometer. If you're lucky the grub screw holding the pin in place has just come loose and the pin has turned a bit.

Upvote 0
warren spend a bit of dosh and get yourself some simworx pedals from aussie great pedals and brilliant backup support,i had nothing but problems with everything i bought from fanatec ,i call myself there beta tester

Upvote 0
To check if it's your hall effect sensor unplug it from the little control board, it's under the foot plate on V2. Then unplug the clutch and plug in the throttle to the clutch and see if it is still spiking. If it is the sensor is goosed. That's what the Fanatec site says to do to check V2's.

I tried to move the pivot point on the throttle and when I put the pedal back together I didn't line up the magnet correctly that is in the end of the cross pin through the pedal arm. My throttle was looking like it had the symptons of a busted potientiometer. If you're lucky the grub screw holding the pin in place has just come loose and the pin has turned a bit.

Thanks Welshy, I'll try those tips again. I have done most of them previously, it works again for a short time but then plays up again. Last time I tried to plug the clutch into the throttle, the cable wouldn't reach. Since it always calibrates ok after a re-connection, I suspect something electronic (hall sensor or circuit board). I've contacted Fanatec Australia to see if I can buy new sensors, see what that brings.

warren spend a bit of dosh and get yourself some simworx pedals from aussie great pedals and brilliant backup support,i had nothing but problems with everything i bought from fanatec ,i call myself there beta tester

Thanks Noel, but my chances of getting the wife to allocate $1300 - $1400 for pedals is unlikely. Hell, I don't think even I can justify that cost. Given the age of my CSP V1's, they probably have outlived their lifespan and I need to get something new. I've noticed that Heusinkveld are organising an Australian distributer but they currently don't have any stock. I might wait until they get set up and see what their pricing is like.
In the meantime, at least my old G27 pedals still work faultlessly and will have to fill the gap.

Upvote 0
Fanatec should have researched and proposed a mod/fix as an option for the issues encountered by V1 owners.
It was preposterous to spend as much as it cost initially and yet encounter so many issues...without one.
The V1 pedals were not that far off in price when compared to the V2 series.
If for no other reason than to cement their reputation as a premier controller supplier, they should have revisited some of the early issues.
Sure, they were able to implement some of the lessons learned in future upgraded products.
That is no consolation to the 'guinea-pigs' who supported the early effort and paid good money only to receive headaches for their trouble.
That unwillingness to correct issues in earlier products, left a fair segment of potential and future buyers with doubts as to their commitment to new product fixes...should it be required or needed.
I know it my case it stymied my willingness to buy later gear.
I figured if they didn't fix what I'd already purchased, what would be the incentive to fix issues I could encounter in the future.

Upvote 0
Thanks Welshy, I'll try those tips again. I have done most of them previously, it works again for a short time but then plays up again. Last time I tried to plug the clutch into the throttle, the cable wouldn't reach. Since it always calibrates ok after a re-connection, I suspect something electronic (hall sensor or circuit board). I've contacted Fanatec Australia to see if I can buy new sensors, see what that brings.

Thanks Noel, but my chances of getting the wife to allocate $1300 - $1400 for pedals is unlikely. Hell, I don't think even I can justify that cost. Given the age of my CSP V1's, they probably have outlived their lifespan and I need to get something new. I've noticed that Heusinkveld are organising an Australian distributer but they currently don't have any stock. I might wait until they get set up and see what their pricing is like.
In the meantime, at least my old G27 pedals still work faultlessly and will have to fill the gap.
yep good plan warren ,wait for those heusinkvelds i would have done the same as the simworx are pricey but they are dam good ,i can now heel and toe :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea