Rant: Cutting

Big angry rant coming up.

I am fed up with people constantly whining about the cutting rules at Monza.

Maybe if you keep getting warnings and SnG penalties, you should perhaps.. *gasp* use less curb? The Monza cut rules are 1:1 with our rules; so if you get a SnG then you're on your own; don't start whining about it because you breached our rules, full stop.

Every single time we race at Monza; every single time since I have been here (2006), we have had people playing the "waah, the track rules are too tight!" card.

Newsflash: They aren't. We have to abide by the rules as set out in front of us; regardless of what drivers do in real life.

Maybe if some people didn't try and get 10000% out of the track 100% of the time, they wouldn't experience these problems. I don't put any part of my car beyond the red part of the curb, and I don't get a single warning. Isn't that better, over a race distance, than trying to push for an extra half-tenth, gambling all the time with a SnG penalty?

You don't always have to drive absolutely balls-to-the-wall flat out, you know; perhaps some people ought to learn about conservative driving.

I make a point about not cutting - you will NEVER see me cut on purpose, and if I do so by accident, I will always lift off the throttle. So it really annoys me that people are constantly trying to ignore chicanes and take them as straight as possible when they know that it's not abiding by our rules.

And for those of you thinking of the "but I was pushed" argument; if that happens you'll get a warning only. If you get a stop-go because you had a warning before; maybe you shouldn't've got a warning in the first place maybe? And anyway, in every situation where you are hit with no obvious fault of your own, there is anyway something to learn; always an answer to "What could I have done differently to avoid being put in that situation?"

So; if you get a stop-go in future, don't start whining at me about it and take a look at your own damn driving.

[/rant]

• tamas sipos

i totally agree with this annoyance since i'm trying not to cut the corners.
on the other hand, some of my races were ruined because of the rules of cutting. in the frist chicane, i usually get hit by others so i have no other option but cutting the corner, because the car is out of control. sometimes - after this incident - the program surprises me with a nice black flag and a stopngo penalty.:S

another thing which makes me mad is the qualifying session in imola. i was confused in first place about the lap times of some racers which seemed too 'alien' for me.. until i have been an eye-witness of a hot-lap. this 'collegue' just ignored the final chicane (in the name of fair play), which allowed him to go about 180-200kph when normal racers usually starting to flat out. this 'trick' reduces the lap times by 3-4 secs, or maybe more (i have not tried) without any penalties (all right, there is a warning before the timed lap, but who cares..)
this is really annoying, because i simply cannot do anything about it.

hi first of all i never raced on monza with either game so i can't really give an opinion on the cutting rules but i would like to think that simbin is fully aware that the rules in either versions are either too soft or to hard and maybe they don't have any choice between the 2 due to programming limitation but like many have pointed out we have to make due with the rules and whinning about it will not change anything. but i also think that as a simracing game it should be as close as possible to reality which seems to not be the case when it comes to monza. either side are right and wrong but like i said we have to make due with it and stop whinning cause its not changing anything. thats my humble opinion :amen:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%