F1 2010 Rankings in Career mode- Question

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello all,

I playing on xbox 360 and I am on my first season of a seven year career currently driving with Lotus and on the Hungarian GP. I started off mediocre but ive improved and I am 3rd in the WDC at the moment. I've got contract offers from most of the lower level teams including driver 1 @ Lotus. I hope to get to RBR, Mercedes, or Renault as fast as I can so I can stay with one of them for 4-5 yrs. I am aware that you need to be about level 30 to get offers from these teams, so I am wondering: whats the easiest way to get your ranking up quickly? Will it be easier if I stay with Lotus as driver 1 or if I go to one of the slightly better teams?

Thanks & hopefully I didn't ramble too much :)

Getting there as fast as you can kind of defeats the point of the game and in actual fact there isn't a limit on the seasons you can participate in, the career can go as long as you want (at least I'm pretty sure of that). I recommend choosing the difficulty that matches you closest with your team mate and if you get better, choose harder. It's a much more authentic experience that way. Of coarse you could just choose a 3 year career on the easiest setting and you'ld probably be in a Red Bull by Season 2, but where's the fun in that?

I'm 1 of the person that got lure into driving the big teams car. LOL

But i repent. I'm gonna restart a new 7 years season with Expert setting as thats the setting that gave me the most fun and probably just stick to Virgin or maybe Renault if i gets lucky that they offer me a contract. :)

But first, i have to finish my current career. :)

Rep gain is based on:
- race length
- difficulty
- meeting team objectives

However the further you progress in a career the slower rep gain becomes. For reference: I'm at 22 rep 3 races into my 2nd season (WDC in the first on expert difficulty with Lotus, 20% races) and it's crawling ahead now despite 2 podium finishes already and upping the race length to 40%.

At this rate I hope to get to rep 30 by the end of this season, which should allow me a Merc contract as the best available (I think). It's really tough to get a top team contract on reputation in the first 2 seasons, so I guess that's why they put in the 'rival' option to jump right ahead to a top team.

I am at 14 at the moment and about to start SPA. The reason I want to get to the top teams quicker is so I can get to one and stay there, sort of carve out the rest of my career at one good team. I see how getting there as fast as possible may defeat the purpose but the beauty of it is that if it gets boring/too easy, I can start a new career at the low teams without driving aids and such and finish where I should ;)

i'm in my second season, won the WDC with a lotus..... (!?) LOL!! aaand choose Vettel as my Rival. Now i'm on RBR 5gp into my second season, 4 wins, 1 second... (AI in catalunya is super mega fast best race evaaaaah!!! i couldn't pass massa :( ) oh yeah and 29 rep points... well the number is 29 de color is in the first quarter so... but what im saying is: YES you can drive for the big guys, but you'll have to play long weekends in expert, practice like a LOT so you can compete with the AI, choose a rival, enjoy your ride for one season and return to the middle class teams for the next one... i do the full practice sessions, do my set ups, watch how my tyres react with them, practice a little more and when i match the time or do it faster with the primes... i start over but now with the option tyres.

maybe it's not realistic to win the championship with a Lotus, but it's possible

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%