Random lag spikes

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Vimal Ana, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Vimal Ana

Vimal Ana
    Always racing, Always flying Premium

Ratings:
    +112
    Hello fellow Racers,
    Every time i try to play GSCE, i get very bad lag spikes. It lasts for like 15 seconds before going up back to 80fps. It ruins the experience for me:( Anyone has any solutions on how to reduce this lag spikes.

2. DriverJay

DriverJay

Ratings:
    +25
    Did you try the wombat.dll fix?

3. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani

Ratings:
    +56
    vsync on!

4. Anestis

Anestis

Ratings:
    +65
    Occasionally I had this problem not only in GSC but in rf2 as well.
    Disable record replays did the trick for me.(I think)
    atm I'm testing Record To Memory="1" in yourname.plr and replays enable
    (record replays to memory rather than disk) and it seems to work (have to test it more).
    I have 16gb ram installed so I don't have a problem with this setting and my games are installed on a normal hdd not on a ssd.

5. Christian Militzer

Christian Militzer

Ratings:
    +64
    I have similar issues with GSCE. Once in a while, the game hangs, I hear the stuttering sound and the monitor turns black. Then, after maybe two seconds the game resumes "normal". Maybe your tips will help me too.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +164
    Yup, this is one of the first things I do in the player file of all ISI-engine based games, also, the garage LOD or whatever, I bring it down to 0.2 from 0.6. That can prevent major slowdowns when flying down the main straight alongside the pits/pit-lane.

Also, to the OP, try this http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/large-framerate-boost-w-practically-no-image-quality-loss.97304/

7. Jeans1515

Jeans1515

Ratings:
    +3
    Game has always been a frustrating mess for me. Never had it work right. Not for long anyways.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +164
    What's wrong? I'm online quite often racing people and having an absolute blast (People really need to check out DurgeDriven's "F3 Rookies" server). I don't have issues. Driving works fine. Controller works fine. Car-setup works fine. FFB works fine. Races work fine. Etc. What issues are you facing which make it a "frustrating mess" for you?