Rally School Conundrum

I have 2 separate installs of RBR on my system - the first is the 10-year anniversary mod installed over the original disc-version of RBR. The second is the wonderful RallySimFans package, the full version of which I only recently downloaded and installed. Neither is working 100%.

My controllers are a TS-PC Racer wheel and Fanatec ClubSport Pedals. RBR does NOT automatically detect that the pedal axes need to be inverted (ie-reversed).

However, with the kind help of milord37, I got that worked out in the RallySimFans (RSF) installation. Unfortunately though, when I access the "Rally School" in the RSF installation, the whole thing crashes. (It also crashes when accessing "Quick Rally", but "Practice" works fine - but I digress....). So "Rally School" isn't accessible for me in the RSF package.

But - "Rally School" is indeed accessible in my original 10-year anniversary mod installation. But the trouble there is that my pedal axes are reversed and I don't see any way to "unreverse them".

***** So I have one installation where Rally School works but the pedals are reversed and another installation where the pedals work fine, but accessing Rally School crashes to the desktop. *****

Would anyone have any ideas re: how to "fix" either of these problems? Should I start all over by re-downloading and re-installing the RallySimsFan package? Or is there any way to reverse the pedal axes in the original RBR installation? One thing to note: I never registered for online rallying with the RSF installation - Would that make any difference?

Thanks for sticking with this long post. Any ideas for how I can get Rally School to work with the pedal axes corrected (in either installation) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bert

Last edited:
Re your invert axes issue:
In the main RBR folder, open Input.ini and check the setting there.
For each axis you can set reverse axis for each input by setting true or false.

EDIT: You should read this article which covers the issues you are having:
It's a long read but probably worth it.
I've not used this addon for a long time, so can't be sure this will solve your issues.

Last edited:
YowZa! Thanks so much for this, Warren. That is A LOT of useful information! It certainly does address my issues! I'll wait until tomorrow or the weekend to work thru it all though. Not enough time left tonight. (FWIW, your initial suggestion about simply editing input.ini didn't work.)

Thanks again!

Warren, OK - I followed all instructions and can now get into Quick Rally without RBR crashing - Thanks.

However, I can't find "Rally School" anywhere within the menus. FWIW, upon starting up RBR, I see a menu flash by (possibly the original menu of RBR?) that DOES show "Rally School" on it. But it's gone in an instant, replaced by the menu with "RallySimFans.hu NGP6" at the top.

Can you help me get to "Rally School"? It's in there some place, but I still can't get at it! :(

Thanks again for your help
Bert

I'm not familiar with this mod, haven't used it.
However, one part I see in the info above perhaps is what is happening? Looks like if you want to drive rally school, you have to do it first up after launching RBR. Sorry, can't help further.

"Notice! One more thing. Go to RallySchool/QuickRally/rbr_rx right after booting up RBR. Once you drive a stage via RSF plugin then these legacy menus are broken until you restart RBR."

Not only have I tried by closing/re-starting RBR, but I've also tried re-booting the PC itself, before starting RBR. But, unfortunately it still flashes past that menu. :(

Thanks for all your help though, Warren. I'm 98% there. Here's hoping someone else sees this and can drag me across the finish line.

Bert

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back