Rally - Marcus Gronholm Tribute - Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th June 2012

Congratulations Magnar, a dominant win with some very good times in tricky stages. :thumbsup:
Well done Fernando and Viesturs, you two had a good close scrap there in most stages. ;)
Alastair and Jeremy hovering around the podium as usual, but a nicely improved result for Erik (you just need to ditch the red ink).

Magnar dominated the Stage wins with Roy showing he can match it with the best, on the odd occasion he finishes a stage. :p

A lot of Red Ink again, must have been more tricky than I expected it to be. I tried a test run on each Stage off-line and thought the Peugeot was a pleasure to drive. I really liked it. :confused:

Thanks to all who joined, special thanks to Senad, Damien, and Fernando for their contributions. We have a very helpful team here. :cool:

Soooo Jeremy has now won the right to design the Rally for 25th & 26th June. Let me know if you are happy to do this Jeremy.

Next week we have another of Fernando's "Test of Skill and Patience", but be prepared. This one will be even tougher than his last one. :devilish: . I think he might be earning the Grim Reaper tag.
reaper.gif

Looking at the results, I think the default DNF time for Foron is bad. Most drivers were struggling to beat that time, and some finishers were actually longer.
Hardly fair. :(

Looking at the results, I think the default DNF time for Foron is bad. Most drivers were struggling to beat that time, and some finishers were actually longer.
Hardly fair. :(

Yeah, discussed this with Senad few weeks ago. The unfair default times are moslty for new stages, I guess. For example Chirdonhead and Bergheim. The Berghaim`s default time is not quite fair as its the same as Chirdonhead does (10:30.00) but you cant even compare those 2 stages. So if you retire in berghaim and survive the Chirdonhead whereas someone else retires chirdonhead but survives berghaim - you have pretty huge advantage. The lenght of those stages differs by 1 (1.1) kilometer (Chirdonhead is 7km and Bergheim 8km long).

If I would have retired the Foron stage.. I would still be in 3rd position, having Alasdair less than a second behind :p

The penalty is 9 minutes for people who skipped it, and 7 for people who retired.
I should've put 9 for all. But it doesn't really matter, Erik would keep his place anyway, and the rest retired elsewhere as well.

Re Foron default times, we'll need to take it up with RallyeSim. They need to check new tracks to keep the default times consistent with other stages.

Even 9 minutes for Forun (which is at least a 6 to 6:15 minute stage), is not comparative, it should be closer to 11 mins.

Hehe Roy.....good work!
I'll guess my speed was good after all. I was afraid i drive to safe, but this car siuts my driving style and was very easy to drive and had a good fedback. So it was fast enough.
Congrats to Fernando and Viesturs with the podium and the rest for driving this rally.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.