Racing in the Rain: Are GTR2 WetGrip parameters bogus?

Should be the same for all tracks. However, if having a lower RoadWetGrip value for a specific track, the difference in steering force will of course be larger between wet and dry.

I should have mentioned earlier that I'm using a dedicated read-only weather file set to 50% rain for my 1967 Spa race. I thought I was using a higher rain percentage but recall this was the combination together with the very low RoadWetGrip value of 0.45 that gave me the best experience in terms of both driving and visuals when trying to recreate the 1967 race.

spa_wet.jpg

Replaced "Changeable" rainfall text with "Spa 1000 km" for the dedicated weather file (WIP part of menu screen)

Last edited:
Should be the same for all tracks. However, if having a lower RoadWetGrip value for a specific track, the difference in steering force will of course be larger between wet and dry.
I think it all falls into a solution together. I will add the scaled multiplier, and if user wants consistent experience, it will be up to them to ensure that RoadWetGrip does not fluctuate wildly between tracks they race series at.

This should be pretty simple feature, I'll put out a Beta at CCGEP Discord soon.

Last edited:
Definitely a blanket drop.

I find it hard to tell if there's any strength decrease simply because you're driving in the rain, even at 100%, or if it's just down to grip loss or rear end rotation steering the front end and only feeling like a decrease in strength.

I can eliminate the grip loss part by zeroing out Grip Weight:

FFB steer force grip weight="0.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.

If I do that there still seems to be situations where the strength decreases but I think it's oversteer situations where the back end steps out and acts like a steering force on the front end which feels like a decrease in strength but isn't really - it's just the front tires coming around more quickly because the backend is moving.

If I get a long, high speed, high ffb strength corner right in the rain with no understeer or oversteer, I feel like the ffb strength is the same.

Are there any other things to consider?

Last edited:
The feature to compensate FFB force loss in rain is out:https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...-Known-Issues-and-Changelog&p=11129#post11129 This release also adds some modding features that may save you time working on your content. Also, if you haven't tried it check out the monitor app - huge time saver trying to diagnose ai problems.

Thanks for your inputs!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes