Racing Cockpit budget £500

Hi,

I have just bought a Fanatec GT DD Pro for my son and I'm looking for a cockpit that suits this set up.

I have a budget of around £500 for the cockpit/seat

I was going to get the Playseat Evolution but after reading some reviews it looks like it's bit unstable for the Fanatec and can tip over due to its weight.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

I built a "Deathmobile" which is a simple DIY wooden frame. Very basic but allows you to modify as much as you want and tailor it to suit your needs.
There are plenty of plans available - both free and paid for - you can look at.
Also you perhaps should consider the type of racing - F1, GT, touring car - as if you want to have a realistic seating position you might favour a particular designs.

Last edited:
Matt if you are UK based and have facebook - search out a guy called 'Si Turnbull' - he sells new 'box ship' profile rigs which although basic are superb - a mate bought one. You can either use whats left of your budget for a seat, or go to scrappy/marketplace and find one. A mate bought one, and its superb for the money.

1699636716261.png

The GT Omega Prime Lite is £550 with a seat. I’ve just put mine together and it’s great; very solid and lots of adjustability. That doesn’t include a monitor stand though if you need on.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.